Senior Coordinator- Contracts, Metals
· Excellent career opportunity to provide both strategic and tactical leadership in contractor management, in an operational area relying on over 60,000 person-hours per month, in external services
· Make a tangible impact, delivering real value to the business
· Role Based at Rio Tinto Kennecott's Smelter, Salt Lake City, Utah
· Work in a diverse, collaborative and fast paced environment
About the role
We are looking for a Senior Coordinator Contracts to drive the contract strategy and contractor management to maximize value of services at a large, complex metals smelting and refining operation. The role's main task is to ensure that contracted work is correctly scoped, support other site leaders in engaging appropriate service providers, and managing those service providers in accordance with RTKC's Contractor Management Process (CMP). In particular, the role has accountability to harmonize practices with those contractor leaders and RTKC personnel where regularly scheduled, recurring, and essential core operational and maintenance work has been outsourced.
You will be expected to:
- Tactical and Strategic Contract Management functions including:
- Development and communication of contracting strategies to support smelter and refinery operations and maintenance based on, risk assessment, and value optimization
- Working with Procurement Partners to ensure that contract resources are engaged and developed to maximize safety and productivity, while optimizing cost
- Working with multiple site end users to ensure that contractor resources are engaged and managed in accordance with Rio Tinto and RTKC policies and process
- Ownership and custodian of RTKC Contractor Management Process, for Metals
- Working with Contracted Service Provider leadership to integrate Rio Tinto systems and processes, where appropriate, with an emphasis on Rio Tinto HSE tools and process
- Reviewing and maintaining appropriate Rio Tinto systems access for contractors
To be successfully considered for this role, you will have:
- Degree qualification in business or other relevant discipline
- 5 years field contract management experience in mining, processing, or other heavy industry
- Ability to work in cross-functional and multi-disciplinary teams to ensure
- Strong communication skills including preparation of financial analyses and presentations to senior management
- Strong capability in facilitating problem solving and conflict resolution among multiple stakeholders
It will also be beneficial if you have:
- Experience in negotiation of large, long-term service contracts
- Knowledge of the asset management work cycle
Where you will be working
Rio Tinto Kennecott is a fully integrated mining operation located just outside Salt Lake City, Utah, US. Kennecott is a wholly owned subsidiary of Rio Tinto. For more than 110 years, Kennecott has been mining and processing minerals from the rich orebody of the Bingham Canyon Mine. Kennecott is a strong economic driver and strives to be a valuable community partner through strategic partnerships, charitable giving and sustainable development practices.
As pioneers in mining and metals, we produce materials essential to human progress.
Our long history is filled with firsts. We've developed some of the world's largest and best quality mines and operations, and our people work in around 35 countries across six continents. Aluminium and copper, diamonds, gold and industrial minerals, iron ore, coal and uranium: our materials make up the world around us. You'll find them in smartphones, planes, cars, hospitals and throughout your home.
Creating an inclusive and diverse workforce
We are a diverse team of talented, enthusiastic individuals who foster a culture of inclusion. No matter how they may differ, our people share one thing in common. It's a belief that work is more rewarding when we are accepted and valued for our differences, not judged by them. We all have something to contribute, and it's this contribution that makes for a great organization and fulfilling career.
Apply today if you want to work with the latest technology and innovation, in an environment where we challenge you to drive positive change.
Please note, in order to be successfully considered for this role you must complete all pre-screening questions.