- Challenging and rewarding role
- Fantastic amenities and facilities on site
About the role
- Attractive roster offering great work life balance - Yandicoogina
We are looking for a Supervisor Electrical
to actively promote safety awareness and safe work practices, maintain site electrical compliance and ensure all electrical safety requirements are met at Yandi.
This role is a great opportunity for an experienced and safety focussed individual to further develop their career. Reporting to the Site Services Superintendent on an 8 days on 6 days off roster, you will be:
- Fulfilling the duties of the Statutory Electrical Supervisor role as per requirements of Mines Safety and Inspection Act & Regulations for the site services and mobile equipment maintenance teams
- Providing support and education to site and project personnel in electrical compliance requirements
- Developing best practice systems for the site.
- Promoting electrical safety awareness and safe work practices amongst site electrical personnel
- Leadership of a team of electricians within the Site Services (Dewatering and Infrastructure accountability) and undertaking regular field time with electrical personnel
- Ensuring all notifiable electrical works are scoped, designed and carried out in accordance with RTIO safety systems and comply with State and Federal regulations and standards
- Managing key safety investigations, preparing reports and recommendations and implementing corrective and preventative actions
To succeed in this role, you will have:
- A WA Electrical Licence or Electrical Engineering degree
- A Manual "C" Class Drivers Licence
- Previous experience with Contractor Management Systems
- Electrical experience in the mining or other heavy industries including strong experience in maintenance of electrical installations on a mine site
- Experience running small-medium sized electrical installation/modification projects
- Experience in managing an electrical team, and sound knowledge of SAP or a similar maintenance system
It will also be beneficial if you have:
Where you will be working
- Familiarity of relevant legislation, regulations, Energy Standards and Rio Tinto Electrical Standards, or the ability to quickly gain this knowledge
- Experience in investigation, recording, reporting, and acting on the root cause of electrical incidents, hazards, faults
Located 95km north-west of Newman, Yandicoogina offers a range of fly in fly out rosters. As Australia's largest-producing iron ore mine, it generates more than 50 million tonnes of Hammersley Iron Yandi (HIY) fines each year.About usAs pioneers in mining and metals, we produce materials essential to human progress.
Our long history is filled with firsts. We've developed some of the world's largest and best quality mines and operations, and our people work in around 35 countries across six continents. Aluminium and copper, diamonds, gold and industrial minerals, iron ore, coal and uranium: our materials make up the world around us. You'll find them in smartphones, planes, cars, hospitals and throughout your home.Creating an inclusive and diverse workforce
We are a diverse team of talented, enthusiastic individuals who foster a culture of inclusion. No matter how they may differ, our people share one thing in common. It's a belief that work is more rewarding when we are accepted and valued for our differences, not judged by them. We all have something to contribute, and it's this contribution that makes for a great organization and fulfilling career.Apply today if you want to work with the latest technology and innovation, in an environment where we challenge you to drive positive change.
Please note, in order to be successfully considered for this role you must complete all pre-screening questions.Applications close on Thursday 27th January 2022 (Rio Tinto reserves the right to remove advertised roles prior to this date).