Coordinator- High Voltage
· Key role in a diverse and global organization
· Continuous supply chain improvements leveraging on technology/streamline processes
About the role
- Excellent opportunity for career development of technical expertise
We are looking for a High Voltage Coordinator
to provide direct support to the Line Crew to execute the high voltage needs safely and efficiently of the Mine. This role will be the primary interface between RTKC Line Crew and all other relevant departments and stakeholders. This role will be accountable for ensuring contractors achieves acceptable levels of safety performance, productivity, and schedule compliance.
Reporting to the High Voltage Superintendent, you will be expected to:
· Identify high voltage requirements through communication, observations, inspections, and failures.
· Provide and oversee contractor coordination
· Plan and coordinate line work so that it can be executed safely and efficiently.
· Verify that work scope, resource requirements and materials are correct prior to work being scheduled.
· Accurately estimate manpower requirements and job duration for work execution.
· Optimize Preventative Maintenance program and coordinate with Predictive Maintenance Program.
· Conduct regular field audits to observe the execution of work and discuss the quality of plans with Craftsmen & Supervisors.
· Conduct regular reviews of all Critical Spares in area of responsibility.
· Facilitate/Attend relevant daily/weekly/monthly meetings.
· Use the Management of Change (MOC) process when needed.
· Conduct regular safety interactions About you
To be successfully considered for this role, you will have:
Where you will be working
- Knowledge and understanding of high voltage power systems, i.e., operation, functions, and terminology
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- 5+ years relevant mining experience.
- 5+ years of proven coordinator experience.
- 5+ years of demonstrated ability to implement and manage planned schedule
- Ability to work in multi-functional team and deliver measurable outcomes.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with employees at all levels of the organization.
Rio Tinto Kennecott is a fully integrated mining operation located just outside Salt Lake City, Utah, US. Kennecott is a wholly owned subsidiary of Rio Tinto. For more than 110 years, Kennecott has been mining and processing minerals from the rich orebody of the Bingham Canyon Mine. Kennecott is a strong economic driver and strives to be a valuable community partner through strategic partnerships, charitable giving and sustainable development practices. About us As pioneers in mining and metals, we produce materials essential to human progress.
Our long history is filled with firsts. We've developed some of the world's largest and best quality mines and operations, and our people work in around 35 countries across six continents. Aluminium and copper, diamonds, gold and industrial minerals, iron ore, coal and uranium: our materials make up the world around us. You'll find them in smartphones, planes, cars, hospitals and throughout your home. Creating an inclusive and diverse workforce
We are a diverse team of talented, enthusiastic individuals who foster a culture of inclusion. No matter how they may differ, our people share one thing in common. It's a belief that work is more rewarding when we are accepted and valued for our differences, not judged by them. We all have something to contribute, and it's this contribution that makes for a great organization and fulfilling career. Apply today if you want to work with the latest technology and innovation, in an environment where we challenge you to drive positive change.
Please note, in order to be successfully considered for this role you must
complete all pre-screening questions.