- Opportunity to work for global company
About the role
- Our culture is inclusive, exciting and performance-driven
- Role based in Richards Bay
We are looking for a Technician: PCS to support the stable operation of the PCS assets. This includes supervision, planning, designing, installing, configuring, maintaining, and optimizing PCS level 0 to level 3 automation systems while ensuring minimal downtime. The person will also diagnose, resolve, and document PCS problems in a timely and accurate fashion, and provide end user training and support where required. Share in weekend and callout responsibilities. Stay current with changing technology and implement training as directed by the Section Superintendent PCS.
Reporting to the Superintendent: PCS, you will:
- Promote a Zero Harm culture where Safety emphasizes personal awareness and responsibility.
- Maintain, manage and improve safety, health and environmental standards and practices
- Promote and engage in teamwork by applying the Team Process Model to ensure a fully integrated team and building on a high performance culture.
- Provide guidance and leadership to enable team to carry out tasks safely and professionally.
- Supervise and control the activities, standards of performance and behaviour of designated subordinate staff through the effective use of the performance management system (i.e. one-on-one engagement, career development plans and performance reviews).
- Develop a culture of service excellence within the section and PCS dept.
- Conduct proactive customer engagement discussion to ensure customer needs and requirements are understood through effective communication and contribution at the stakeholder meetings.
- Manage the effective execution of PCS asset management across all facets of the section.
- Assists in day-to-day problem solving and troubleshooting of plant PCS problems.
- Apply effective problem-solving techniques to establish root-cause to failure (repeat failures, breakdowns, process instability) and conduct analysis & reporting to management on areas of risk with possible solutions.
- Manage breakdown escalation, when required take charge of the incident and effectively problem -solve to reduce MTTR, followed by sound feedback of root cause analysis to customer and stakeholders.
To be successfully considered for this role, you will have:
What we offer
- N4 Industrial Instrumentation with 13 years RBM experience as Instrument Mechanician and completed the PCS competency assessment program (applies to only for internal employees), or
- N6 Diploma in Industrial Instrumentation with Trade Test and minimum of 4 years technical experience plus 2 year supervisory experience, or
- T3/S4 National Diploma with 3 years' experience in controls & instrumentation plus 2 year supervisory experience
- EB driver's license;
Here is just a glimpse of our industry leading rewards package:
- "¯A safety-focused and inclusive working environment
- A competitive base salary reflective of your skills and experience"¯
- Annual cash incentive awards (STIP) for eligible employees
- Career development & education assistance to further your ambitions
- Access top tier family-friendly health and medical programs, pension and savings plans"¯
- Wellbeing benefits
- Generous Rio Tinto employee share program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Ongoing individual wellbeing support for you and your family for personal and professional matter
- A comprehensive leave policy that covers all moments that matter in life (vacation/annual, paid parental,"¯etc)"¯ Certified"¯as a Top Employer for 4 consecutive years, located in the Kwa-Zulu Natal province, Richards Bay Minerals (RBM) is part of the Rio Tinto Group and is an internationally recognized sand mining and mineral processing operations leader and one of the world's foremost producers of titanium minerals, high purity pig iron and zircon. We have implemented a sound corporate social development program and an internationally recognized environmental rehabilitation program to restore the mined dunes to their natural state once mining operations have ceased. About us Our long history is filled with firsts. We've developed some of the world's largest and best quality mines and operations, and our people work in around 35 countries across six continents. Aluminium and copper, diamonds, gold and industrial minerals, iron ore and uranium: our materials make up the world around us. You'll find them in smartphones, planes, cars, hospitals and throughout your home. Every Voice MattersApply today if you want to work with the latest technology and innovation, in an environment where we challenge you to drive positive change. Please note, in order to be successfully considered for this role you must complete all pre-screening questions. RBM is an equal opportunity employer and preference will be given to candidates from the designated groups in line with the company's employment equity plan.
- We are committed to an inclusive environment where people feel comfortable to be themselves. We want our people to feel that all voices are heard, all cultures respected and that a variety of perspectives are not only welcome they are essential to our success. We treat each other fairly and with dignity regardless of race, gender, nationality, ethnic origin, religion, age, sexual orientation or anything else that makes us different.
- As pioneers in mining and metals, we produce materials essential to human progress.
- Where you will be working