- Friendly, safe community, great schools and a beautiful region to explore!
- Fully subsidised housing and utilities for huge financial savings
- Be part of a fun, professional team that is safety driven
We are inviting you to become a part of our family oriented tight-knit community and to enjoy the residential lifestyle in Pannawonica
. Located in the scenic Pilbara region of Western Australia within close driving distance to the major centre of Karratha and renowned tourist destinations such as Millstream National Park, Exmouth, Onslow and Coral Bay, this vibrant community offers a sought-after laid-back lifestyle and heavily subsidised housing and utilities.
Our tight-knit team is looking for a motivated and experienced Hydrocarbon & Condition Monitoring Technician
to join the Mesa J
Shutdown and Cranes Team to enable condition-based strategies to improve equipment reliability and improve overall equipment effectiveness. This role is a great opportunity to be part of a high performing team environment and develop your career further.
Working a residential 8 days on, 6 days off roster
and reporting to the Supervisor, you will be required to:
- Be accountable for the health of fixed plant equipment using oil analysis and vibration
- Carry out scheduled machinery vibration data collection and performing analysis to evaluate equipment running condition and recommend corrective measures
- Complete any non-routine inspection requests as required
- Carry out ultra-sonic testing and thickness testing as required
- Provide Condition Monitoring Services for Acceptance Criteria of newly installed equipment
- Liaise with reliability engineers, maintenance and production teams to link condition monitoring findings and other maintenance strategies
- Inspect dismantled parts and correlate analysis results to as-found equipment conditions
- Utilise other techniques like phase analysis, impact tests and ODS to resolve complicated vibration issues
- Ensure that all operating and maintenance activities are designed, planned and completed in accordance with Rio Tinto's safety systems and comply with State and Federal regulations
To be successfully considered for this role, you will have:
Where you will be working
- Mechanical Trade qualification and/or reliability engineering background
- Australian "C" Class manual drivers' licence
- Level 1 & 2 Certification in Vibration Analysis
- Practical experience in root cause analysis and machine failure investigation
- A working knowledge of computerised maintenance management systems such as SAP
- A readiness for a proactive and flexible approach to fluctuating workloads
From the popular annual rodeo event to other regular social and cultural activities, residents can make the most of modern amenities. The town of Pannawonica is supported by a resident doctor, excellent primary school, supermarket, and a local community gym and youth centre. This is a rare opportunity, perfect for applicants with a young family whose children will become part of the Pannawonica Primary School community, which is a proud STEM school and recently won the Meritorious Leadership Award in the Governor's School STEM Awards and the BHP Future Ready STEM Challenge in 2019, Pannawonica Primary has also been in the top 3 performing schools in the Pilbara for NAPLAN for the last 3 years. For more information on the town please follow this link:
https://youtu.be/E1HFpO9vdxsWhat we offer
Be recognised for your contribution, your thinking, and your hard work, and go home knowing you've helped the world progress.
About usAs pioneers in mining and metals, we produce materials essential to human progress.
- A work environment where safety is always the number one priority
- A permanent position working directly for Rio Tinto
- A competitive base salary reflective of your skills and experience with annual incentive program
- Domestic relocation assistance
- Comprehensive medical benefits including subsidised private health insurance for employees and immediate family
- Attractive share ownership plan
- Company provided insurance cover
- Extensive salary sacrifice & salary packaging options
- Career development & education assistance to further your technical or leadership ambitions
- Ongoing access to family-friendly health and medical wellbeing support
- Leave for all of life's reasons (vacation/annual, paid parental, sick leave)
- Exclusive employee discounts (banking, accommodation, cars, retail and more)
Our long history is filled with firsts. We've developed some of the world's largest and best quality mines and operations, and our people work in around 35 countries across six continents. Aluminium and copper, diamonds, gold and industrial minerals, iron ore, coal and uranium: our materials make up the world around us. You'll find them in smartphones, planes, cars, hospitals and throughout your home.Creating an inclusive and diverse workforce
We are a diverse team of talented, enthusiastic individuals who foster a culture of inclusion. No matter how they may differ, our people share one thing in common. It's a belief that work is more rewarding when we are accepted and valued for our differences, not judged by them. We all have something to contribute, and it's this contribution that makes for a great organization and fulfilling career. Apply today if you want to work with the latest technology and innovation, in an environment where we challenge you to drive positive change.
Please note, in order to be successfully considered for this role you must complete all pre-screening questions. You may also be required to complete on-line assessments as part of the selection process. So, if you are looking for a new challenge, great location and an exceptional team of technical experts, apply now. If you would like to know more about careers at Rio Tinto, you can like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter or join us on LinkedIn Applications for this role will close on 31/01/2022 however we do reserve the right to close the role earlier.This role is for applicants residing in or willing to permanently relocate to Western Australia.
All progress begins with pioneers at Rio Tinto it begins with you.