Supply Support Coordinator
About the roleAll progress begins with pioneers. At Rio Tinto, it begins with you.
- Be part of a group that is safety driven and values inclusion
- Contribute to the success of Rio Tinto by applying your technical and professional expertise
- Based in the beautiful outdoor and family-oriented community of Labrador City, NL
We are looking for a Supply Support Coordinator
with a significant
level of experience and understanding of supply chain management, warehousing best practices, third party logistics, contractor management, and Mining industry requirements. The dedicated RTP Service Delivery Manager oversees logistics and is accountable for providing best practice materials management services to operational customers and implementing supply chain, inventory and warehousing related process improvement projects for the Iron Ore Company of Canada (IOC)
The site-specific Supply Support Coordinator is accountable to the IOC Logistics Superintendent for the development and enhancement of the integration of IOC Logistics with Maintenance by way of maximizing the IOC Logistics System and processes in order to actively support Asset Availability targets and the IOC Maintenance Strategy. To effectively and efficiently coordinate and support the logistics and materials activities of the Concentrator Maintenance and Production Operation functions as a consistent extension of the IOC Logistics System.
Reporting to the Sr. Supervisor Mgt & Transport and working in an interesting team within the Iron Ore Company of Canada in Labrador City, NL, you will:
What you'll bring
- Liaison with Maintenance Planners and Supervisors to coordinate materials supply and logistics support for planned maintenance jobs
- Coordinate activities to Establish Kits and support the Kitting Process as described by the corresponding Standard procedures
- Work closely with Maintenance Planners, Supervisors, and Inspectors to optimize APL's and establish Kits for maintenance Standard Jobs
- Liaise with Central Cataloguing, Warehouse, RTP, Inventory Controller, Vendors, and Accounts Payable
- Coordinate logistics, inspect, inventory, returns and requisition of Kits and parts unused
- Prepare periodic reports to monitor and improve: - Standard Jobs performance - Standard Job measures, difficulties encountered and potential solutions
- Timely return of partly used Kits - Materials supply chain performance
AssetsWhat we offer
- A commitment to the safety of yourself and your team
- Trade qualification preferred
- At least 5 years experience in various maintenance & supply roles
- Heavy industry maintenance
- Logistic Operational experience preferential
- Maintenance Operations
- Integrated Logistics
- Off-Site Repair, Warehousing and Inventory Management Practices
- Contractor management
- Resource management
- Communication Skills
- SAP proficiency preferred
Be recognized for your contribution, your thinking and your hard work, and go home knowing you've helped the world progress.
About Rio Tinto
- A work environment where safety is always the number one priority
- Career development & education assistance to further your technical or leadership ambitions
- A competitive base salary reflective of your skills and experience with annual incentive program
- Ongoing access to family-friendly health and medical programs, pension and savings plans
- Attractive share ownership plan
- Leave for all of life's reasons (vacation/annual, paid parental, sick leave)
- Exclusive employee discounts
- Domestic relocation assistance
- Please note: Fly-in-fly-out arrangement is not available. Relocation assistance is provided.
Every idea, every innovation, every little thing the world calls 'progress' begins with
a first step, and someone willing to take it: explorers, inventors, entrepreneurs. Pioneers.
For nearly 150 years, Rio Tinto has been a company of pioneers generations of people spanning the globe, all with the grit and vision to produce materials essential to human progress.
Our iron ore has shaped skylines from Shanghai to Sydney. Our aluminium the world's first to be certified "responsible" helps planes fly and makes cars lighter. Our copper helps wind turbines power cities and our boron helps feed the world, and explore the universe.
Our diamonds help us celebrate the best parts of life. Where you'll be working
The Iron Ore Company of Canada (IOC) is a leading Canadian producer of iron ore concentrate and iron ore pellets that serves customers worldwide. The company operates a mine, a concentrator and a pelletizing plant in Labrador City, Newfoundland and Labrador, as well as port facilities in Sept-àles, Quebec. It also operates a 418 kilometer railroad that links the mine to the port.Every Voice Matters
At Rio Tinto, we particularly welcome and encourage applications from Indigenous Peoples, women, the LGBTQIA2 community, mature workers, people with disabilities and people from different cultural backgrounds.
We are committed to an inclusive environment where people feel comfortable to be themselves. We want our people to feel that all voices are heard, all cultures respected and that a variety of perspectives are not only welcome they are essential to our success. We treat each other fairly and with dignity regardless of race, gender, nationality, ethnic origin, religion, age, sexual orientation or anything else that makes us different.