Lubrication Technician East Weipa
About the roleAll progress begins with pioneers. At Rio Tinto, it begins with you.
- Permanent full-time role
- Residential role live in Weipa
- Monday to Friday roster
We are looking for a Lubrication Technician
to ensure that the lubrication requirements of all the fixed plant equipment are maintained to high standards in order to run operations in a safe and efficient manner.
This role is a great opportunity for an enthusiastic individual who can work autonomously as well as in a team.
In addition to paying competitively and providing great benefits packages, we want you to live the lifestyle that is right for you and your family; because of our size and scale, there are many opportunities to learn, grow and do more than you ever thought possible.
Every hour of every shift, your safety and wellbeing is our number one priority. We do the work only if it is safe, and we invest to make sure every member of the team has the quality tools they need to do their job.
Reporting to the Supervisor - Plant Maintenance, and working a Monday to Friday roster you will be:
What you'll bring
- Assisting in equipment care routines including lubricating key pieces of machinery, site waste removal, signage & labelling, and lubrication transfer;
- Standardising the approach and control of fluid and drive systems across the mine site in line with standard operating levels to increase service life and improve equipment reliability;
- Assisting to develop and improve equipment maintenance strategies on a continuous basis to optimise reliability maintenance tasks performed.
- A commitment to the safety of yourself and your team
It will also be beneficial if you have
- Previous Lubrication experience
- Experience in maintaining fixed plant equipment
- A C Class manual drivers licence
- Excellent communication skills, attention to detail and team orientation
What we offer
- Mechanical Trade Qualification
- Forklift Licence
- Medium/Heavy Rigid Licence
- Knowledge of and understanding lubricant analysis reports
- Exposure and understanding of computer based maintenance programs and condition monitoring
About Rio Tinto
- A work environment where safety is always the number one priority
- A permanent position working directly for Rio Tinto
- A competitive base salary reflective of your skills and experience with annual incentive program
- Comprehensive medical benefits including subsidised private health insurance for employees and immediate family
- Attractive share ownership plan
- Company provided insurance cover
- Extensive salary sacrifice & salary packaging options
- Career development & education assistance to further your technical or leadership ambitions
- Ongoing access to family-friendly health and medical wellbeing support
- Leave for all of life's reasons (annual, paid parental, sick leave)
- Exclusive employee discounts (banking, accommodation, cars, retail and more)
- Domestic relocation assistance
- Weipa accommodation benefit
- Remote area allowance
- Remote area holiday travel assistance
Every idea, every innovation, every little thing the world calls 'progress' begins with a first step, and someone willing to take it: explorers, inventors, entrepreneurs. Pioneers.
For nearly 150 years, Rio Tinto has been a company of pioneers generations of people spanning the globe, all with the grit and vision to produce materials essential to human progress.
Our iron ore has shaped skylines from Shanghai to Sydney. Our aluminium the world's first to be certified "responsible" helps planes fly and makes cars lighter. Our copper helps wind turbines power cities and our boron helps feed the world, and explore the universe.
Our diamonds help us celebrate the best parts of life.Where you'll be working
Our Weipa Operations includes three bauxite mines, processing facilities, ship loaders, an export wharf, two ports, power stations, a rail network and ferry terminals. Located on the Western Cape York Peninsula in Far North Queensland, each year the operation produces more than 35 million tonnes of bauxite.
Our operations are supported by a 1,900-strong workforceincluding 26 per cent who are women and 25 per cent Indigenous employees. Activities include mine operations, maintenance, asset management, ports, cultural heritage management, and processing facility management.
The development of our new mine, Amrun, which was completed in 2018, will extend the life of our Weipa bauxite operations by decades to come and significantly build on our 55-year history on the Western Cape.
Every Voice Matters
We are committed to an inclusive environment where people feel comfortable to be themselves. We want our people to feel that all voices are heard, all cultures respected and that a variety of perspectives are not only welcome they are essential to our success. We treat each other fairly and with dignity regardless of race, gender, nationality, ethnic origin, religion, age, sexual orientation or anything else that makes us different.
At Rio Tinto, we particularly welcome and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, women, the LGBTI+ community, mature workers, people with disabilities and people from different cultural backgrounds.