- Be part of a group that is safety driven and values inclusion
- Permanent employment which includes a huge range of additional benefits
- Multiple Dampier based roles
Our approach to Communities and Social Performance (CSP) is to build strong partnerships based on a relationship of mutual trust and respect. This includes the way we engage with communities and the steps we take to identify and manage social, economic, environmental, cultural, and human rights impacts throughout the life cycle of our projects, from exploration, to project development, to operation and closure.About the roleAll progress begins with pioneers. At Rio Tinto, it begins with you.
We are looking for multiple Officer Heritage Liaison's to manage heritage field survey teams to deliver against the infield survey schedule. This is a great opportunity for someone to increase their knowledge and experience in the heritage space.
Reporting to the Superintendent Fieldwork, you will be:
What you'll bring
- Delivering in-field survey works for Heritage Advisors
- Maintaining heritage fieldwork equipment, assets and fleet
- Managing the infield safety standards and emergency response requirements
- Coordinating ground based logistics requirements
- Representing RTIO and supervising infield contractors and visitors
- Supporting social surrounds, ethnographic, botanical and other environmental survey works with Traditional Owner group involvement
- Managing and preparing for field safety and travel requirements
- Managing field team wellbeing and fatigue
- Supporting heritage audits and implementing heritage protective measures
- Supporting Community and Traditional Owner group led cultural heritage projects
- Identifying and raising Traditional Owner feedback and concerns
- Supporting other technical infield requirements such as driving the Drill & Blast Specialists out to field and conducting geotechnical assessments
What we offer
- A commitment to the safety of yourself and your team
- A broad background in mining & resources, consulting, not for profit, Aboriginal Corporations or contract management
- Knowledge of heritage work and experience in its application through the fieldwork, safety and logistics support
- Significant remote fieldwork experience including emergency response, 4WD and off road, fatigue and wellbeing management and safety leadership
About Rio Tinto
- Discounted Health cover scheme (Medibank) for employees and their immediate family
- Salary sacrifice & packaging options rental, mortgage, super, vehicle
- Paid parental leave up to 9 months
- Employee discounts banking, accommodation, motoring, retail and more
- Eligible for the Rio Tinto employee share program
- A work environment where safety is always the number one priority
- Learning and development opportunities to support your desired technical or leadership career path
- Ongoing individual wellbeing support for you and your family for personal and professional matters
Every idea, every innovation, every little thing the world calls 'progress' begins with
a first step, and someone willing to take it: explorers, inventors, entrepreneurs. Pioneers.
For nearly 150 years, Rio Tinto has been a company of pioneers generations of people spanning the globe, all with the grit and vision to produce materials essential to human progress.
Our iron ore has shaped skylines from Shanghai to Sydney. Our aluminium the world's first to be certified "responsible" helps planes fly and makes cars lighter. Our copper helps wind turbines power cities and our boron helps feed the world, and explore the universe.
Our diamonds help us celebrate the best parts of life. Where you'll be working
This role will be based in Dampier, Western Australia.Every Voice Matters
At Rio Tinto, we particularly welcome and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, women, the LGBTI+ community, mature workers, people with disabilities and people from different cultural backgrounds.
We are committed to an inclusive environment where people feel comfortable to be themselves. We want our people to feel that all voices are heard, all cultures respected and that a variety of perspectives are not only welcome they are essential to our success. We treat each other fairly and with dignity regardless of race, gender, nationality, ethnic origin, religion, age, sexual orientation or anything else that makes us different.
Applications close on Friday the 28th of January
2022 (Rio Tinto reserves the right to remove advertised roles prior to this date)