Mine Geologists Pilbara
About the roleAll progress begins with pioneers. At Rio Tinto, it begins with you.
- Fantastic development and growth opportunity
- Exciting and technically challenging but rewarding role
- FIFO roster, 8 days on, 6 days off
We are looking for enthusiastic Mine Geologists
to join our Mine Technical Services team where you will provide accurate geological, grade and predictive metallurgical information critical for the success of the mining operation.
We are an open, connected international team of technical specialists using some of the most exciting data and tools on the planet. We are the world leader in automation and smart mining. We have technical development programmes that are industry-leading and recognise the unique nature of your role. These provide opportunities to grow your career through a dedicated technical path while being rewarded for your unique skills.
Reporting to the Senior Mine Geologist, working an 8 days on, 6 days off roster, you will be involved in monitoring reconciliations between predicted and actual grade and tonnes and providing accurate ore delineation and grade estimations to facilitate short to medium term planning. Whilst ensuring compliance with QAQC standards for geological data collection, integrity and interpretation you will have the opportunity to undertake a variety of geology project work and provide geological input into material attribute characteristics and improvements.About you
Ideally, the successful candidate will have the following qualifications and experience:
What we offer
- Bachelor of Science in Geological Science/Earth Science or equivalent (Geology)
- Demonstrated mine geology experience with an interest and focus on Geo-metallurgy
- Current WA "C Class" Driver's License
- Experience with geological data collection, validation, interpretation and QAQC
- Proficiency in Vulcan and Excel will be favourably looked upon
- Excellent communication skills and drive for continuous improvement
- A strong safety mindset
Be recognised for your contribution, your thinking and your hard work, and go home knowing you've helped the world progress.
About Rio Tinto
- A work environment where safety is always the number one priority
- A permanent position working directly for Rio Tinto
- A competitive base salary reflective of your skills and experience with annual incentive program
- Comprehensive medical benefits including subsidised private health insurance for employees and immediate family
- Attractive share ownership plan
- Company provided insurance cover
- Extensive salary sacrifice & salary packaging options
- Career development & education assistance to further your technical or leadership ambitions
- Ongoing access to family-friendly health and medical wellbeing support
- Leave for all of life's reasons (vacation/annual, paid parental, sick leave)
- Exclusive employee discounts (banking, accommodation, cars, retail and more)
- Possible domestic relocation assistance
Every idea, every innovation, every little thing the world calls 'progress' begins with a first step, and someone willing to take it: explorers, inventors, entrepreneurs. Pioneers.
For nearly 150 years, Rio Tinto has been a company of pioneers generations of people spanning the globe, all with the grit and vision to produce materials essential to human progress.
Our iron ore has shaped skylines from Shanghai to Sydney. Our aluminium the world's first to be certified "responsible" helps planes fly and makes cars lighter. Our copper helps wind turbines power cities and our boron helps feed the world, and explore the universe. Our diamonds help us celebrate the best parts of life.Where you will be working
In the Pilbara region of Western Australia, we own an integrated portfolio of iron ore assets: a world-class, integrated network of 16 mines, four independent port terminals, a 1,700 kilometre rail network and related infrastructure all designed to respond rapidly to changes in demand.
We are one of the world's leading producers and exporters of iron ore.Every Voice Matters
We are committed to an inclusive environment where people feel comfortable to be themselves. We want our people to feel that all voices are heard, all cultures respected and that a variety of perspectives are not only welcome they are essential to our success. We treat each other fairly and with dignity regardless of race, gender, nationality, ethnic origin, religion, age, sexual orientation or anything else that makes us different.
At Rio Tinto, we particularly welcome and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, women, the LGBTI+ community, mature workers, people with disabilities and people from different cultural backgrounds.Applications close on Monday 28th February 2022 (Rio Tinto reserves the right to remove advertised roles prior to this date)