Electrical Supervisor Processing Operations
About the roleAll progress begins with pioneers. At Rio Tinto, it begins with you.
- Be part of a group that is safety driven and values inclusion
- Join our global leading business offering outstanding leadership development
- Based in the beautiful outdoor and family-oriented community of Labrador City, NL
We are looking for an Electrical Maintenance Supervisor to lead maintenance crews to coordinate shift activities safely and efficiently deliver production and maintenance targets. The Supervisor will collaborate with Operations to ensure daily production targets are met or exceeded. This includes effectively executing planned and scheduled work as well as breakdown repairs to improve equipment availability and reliability. The work schedule is Monday to Friday, and based in Labrador City, NL
This is a great opportunity for a driven and engaging leader to manage team performance in this interesting processing operations department.
Leading on the frontline is one of the most important jobs in our business and comes with a huge amount of responsibility. We need you to motivate, inspire and keep your people safe and well. With signature leadership training programs, growing and developing is more than an opportunity it is something we actively plan and make happen.
Reporting to the Maintenance Superintendent and working in an exciting and unique environment within the Iron Ore Company of Canada, you will be:
- Actively participating in IOC's safety program and role model appropriate safety behaviours (safety observations, group safety talks, planned general inspections, accident/incident investigations, etc.)
- Providing leadership in team building, planning, and establishing clear measures that keep everyone focused on safety, results, and the customer. Arrange appropriate training for team members, review work performance and deal with grievances at the primary stage
- Supervising, coordinating, and monitoring the execution of scheduled work plans and unplanned emergency and breakdown work, determining sequence and assignments based on work priority and availability of equipment and manpower
- Working closely with the maintenance planner to ensure planned jobs are within scope and to provide feedback on work completed, work to be rescheduled, parts and materials. Provide relevant information to be considered in development of upcoming work plans
- Providing good customer service and maintain a continuous improvement focus by working with customers and team members to resolve work problems and recommend measures to improve maintenance productivity and quality
- Providing timely data into various information systems (i.e., work order history, employee pay details, monthly reports, etc.)
- Developing and promoting a positive employee relations environment within the department
Please note: Fly-in-fly-out arrangements are not available
. Relocation assistance is provided if applicable.What you'll bring
What we offer
- A commitment to the safety of yourself and your team
- Three or more years of electrical experience in an industrial environment
- Two or more years of experience in a supervisory role, ideally in a unionized setting
- An Electrical trade or Electrical Technologist/Engineering qualification.
- Excellent leadership approach to safety, team building, and employee performance
- Effective communication and organizational skills
- A genuine care for others
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Office applications
- Minimum of a Class 5 Driver's License
- Experience using SAP for work management is an asset
Be recognized for your contribution, your thinking and your hard work, and go home knowing you've helped the world progress.
About Rio Tinto
- A work environment where safety is always the number one priority
- Career development & education assistance to further your technical or leadership ambitions
- A competitive base salary reflective of your skills and experience with annual incentive program
- Ongoing access to family-friendly health and medical programs, pension and savings plans
- Attractive share ownership plan
- Leave for all of life's reasons (vacation/annual, paid parental, sick leave)
- Exclusive employee discounts
- Domestic relocation assistance
Every idea, every innovation, every little thing the world calls 'progress' begins with
a first step, and someone willing to take it: explorers, inventors, entrepreneurs. Pioneers.
For nearly 150 years, Rio Tinto has been a company of pioneers generations of people spanning the globe, all with the grit and vision to produce materials essential to human progress.
Our iron ore has shaped skylines from Shanghai to Sydney. Our aluminium the world's first to be certified "responsible" helps planes fly and makes cars lighter. Our copper helps wind turbines power cities and our boron helps feed the world, and explore the universe.
Our diamonds help us celebrate the best parts of life. Where you'll be working
The Iron Ore Company of Canada (IOC) is a leading Canadian producer of iron ore concentrate and iron ore pellets that serves customers worldwide. The company operates a mine, a concentrator and a pelletizing plant in Labrador City, Newfoundland and Labrador, as well as port facilities in Sept-àles, Quebec. It also operates a 418 kilometer railroad that links the mine to the port.Every Voice Matters
At Rio Tinto, we particularly welcome and encourage applications from Indigenous Peoples, women, the LGBTQIA2 community, mature workers, people with disabilities and people from different cultural backgrounds.
We are committed to an inclusive environment where people feel comfortable to be themselves. We want our people to feel that all voices are heard, all cultures respected and that a variety of perspectives are not only welcome they are essential to our success. We treat each other fairly and with dignity regardless of race, gender, nationality, ethnic origin, religion, age, sexual orientation or anything else that makes us different.
Applications close: January 4, 2022
(Rio Tinto reserves the right to remove advertised roles prior to this date)