About the role
- We offer competitive compensation as well as 401k and retirement benefits
- Rio Tinto is a global company providing products to 2400 direct customers worldwide
- A company with a world-class reputation for safety and performance Boron, CA
We are looking for an Instrumentation Electrician
to provide construction, installation, relocation, repair and preventive maintenance on machinery, equipment, and facilities for the optimum operating efficiency of the Boron Plant.
Rio Tinto Minerals operates globally providing borates to world markets. Recognised as a leader in the industrial minerals industry due to product quality, supply reliability and technical support; we are proud to make modern life work. From our location in Boron, California we supply refined borates which are key ingredients in fiberglass, glass, ceramics, fertilisers, wood preservatives and many other products.
This role is a great opportunity for motivated individuals who perform installation, maintenance repair, maintenance inspection, design and troubleshooting of electrical and instrument equipment. Reporting to the Supervisor, you will be:
- Performing basic troubleshooting in electrical control, distribution, and motor protection
- Installing and commission switchgear, control devices, transformers, electrical feeders, motors and process instrumentation
- Using test equipment to diagnose high, medium and low voltage electrical circuits
- Installing programmable logic controllers (PLC), distributed control systems (DCS), human machine interface (HMI) devices
- Repairing and calibrate pneumatic, mechanical, electrical and electronic instruments
To succeed in this role, you will have:
- Must be a qualified Instrumentation Electrician with four years of first-class experience
- Must possess practical knowledge of AC/DC electrical and electronic theory, Ohm's Law, and Kirchoff's Law
- Must be able to understand power factor and voltage drop and understand and use the National Electric Code
- Working knowledge of how instruments operate in a loop, knowledge of Variable Frequency Drives
- Proficient use of test and calibration equipment, personal computers and in medium (480VAC to 4160VAC) and high voltage (35KV to 110KV) circuits
- Able to read, understand and apply schematic drawings, wiring diagrams, loop drawings, process flow drawings, service manuals
It will also be beneficial if you have:
Where you will be working
- Ability to make detailed as-built drawings of completed projects
- Familiarity with GE Limit Amp Starters, GE and Siemens vacuum circuit breakers, GE Oil circuit breakers and ABB Gas circuit breakers
Rio Tinto Borates is a global leader in industrial mineral supply and science. We provide 30 per cent of the world's supply of refined borates, remarkable minerals that are essential to life and to modern living. We seek to create mutual value by managing our own business risks and interest alongside those of our investment partners and host communities. Our 20 Mule Team Borax brand pays tribute to our first borates mining operation in Death Valley in 1872.About usAs pioneers in mining and metals, we produce materials essential to human progress.
Our long history is filled with firsts. We've developed some of the world's largest and best quality mines and operations, and our people work in around 35 countries across six continents. Aluminium and copper, diamonds, gold and industrial minerals, iron ore, coal and uranium: our materials make up the world around us. You'll find them in smartphones, planes, cars, hospitals and throughout your home.Creating an inclusive and diverse workforce
We are a diverse team of talented, enthusiastic individuals who foster a culture of inclusion. No matter how they may differ, our people share one thing in common. It's a belief that work is more rewarding when we are accepted and valued for our differences, not judged by them. We all have something to contribute, and it's this contribution that makes for a great organization and fulfilling career.
Here is just a glimpse of our industry leading rewards package:
So if this sounds like you and the opportunity you are looking for, apply now.
- A competitive starting wage with opportunity for growth and career progression
- Career development & education assistance to further your ambitions
- Access top tier family-friendly health and medical programs
- Generous 401k matching program
- Attractive company share ownership plan (up to 50% company match)
- Leave for all moments that matter in life (vacation/annual, 18 weeks paid parental leave for primary care giver short term sick leave, paid holidays)
Please note, in order to be successfully considered for this role you must complete all pre-screening questions.Equal Opportunity Employer