- A company with a world-class reputation for safety and performance.
- Fostering a collaborative team environment built on strong work ethics.
- Excellent opportunity to develop your career Wilmington, California
Rio Tinto is a leading global mining and metals company. Our focus is on finding, mining and processing the Earth's mineral resources in order to maximize value for our shareholders. Everything we do is done with the future firmly in mind, so our employees are rewarded with opportunity, an open and diverse culture and a responsible working environment in which they can go further.
We are a diverse team of talented, enthusiastic individuals who foster a culture of inclusion. No matter how they may differ, our people share one thing in common. It's a belief that work is more rewarding when we are accepted and valued for our differences, not judged by them. We all have something to contribute, and it's this contribution that makes for a great organization and fulfilling career.The Opportunity
We are looking for an Instrument Electrician
to provide electrical installation, inspection, design and troubleshooting support.
Rio Tinto Borates is a global leader in industrial mineral supply and science. We provide 30 per cent of the world's supply of refined borates, remarkable minerals that are essential to life and to modern living. We serve more than 1,000 customers worldwide. Rio Tinto Borates distinguishes itself through cutting-edge research and development; world-class safety, environmental and community practices; and a commitment to constant innovation and improvement.What the role entails
This role is a great opportunity to join a successful, dynamic and experienced team. Reporting to a Supervisor at our Wilmington Operations, you will be:
What you will need for this roleTo succeed in this role, you will have:
- Installing conduit, switchgears, control devices, transformers, electrical feeders, programmable logic controllers (PLC), (HMI) devices, instrument and process control equipment.
- Using s test equipment to diagnose low voltage (600 volts or less). Repairing pneumatic, mechanical, electrical and electronic instruments.
- Programing PLC's and HMI's, testing and calibrating control loops. Connect control circuits, motor circuits, and transformer connections.
- Repairing and locating faults on single and poly phase circuits. Troubleshoots circuits containing electronic components, printed circuit boards and PLC based controllers.
- Performing general instrumentation and electrical field maintenance. Basic troubleshooting in electrical control, distribution and motor protection and control.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- Valid and current state Driver License.
- General Electrician License for the state of California
- 4+ years of experience as an Instrumentation Electrician
- Knowledge of AC/DC electrical and electronic theory, ohms law, and Kirchhoff's laws.
- Proficient in the use of test and calibration equipment, NEC code books NFPA70/70E
- Must be able to understand voltage drop
So if you are looking for a new venture and would like to gain exposure to a global, leading-edge mining company, join us today.
Please note, in order to be successfully considered for this role you must complete all pre-screening questions.
If you would like to know more about careers at Rio Tinto, you can like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter or join us on LinkedIn.Equal Opportunity Employer
Rio Tinto participates in E-Verify to confirm work authorization. Please visit http://www.uscis.gov/ for more information