High Voltage Electrician Heavy Mobile Equipment - Residential
About the roleAll progress begins with pioneers. At Rio Tinto, it begins with you.
- Be part of a group that is safety driven and values inclusion
- Residential even time roster where you are home after every shift Tom Price
- Relocation & subsidised housing with huge financial savings
We are looking for an enthusiastic and strong performing High Voltage Mobile Equipment Maintenance Electrician
to perform planned, preventative and breakdown maintenance across our extensive fleet of heavy mobile equipment.
This is a great opportunity for a highly motivated tradesman who is looking for a long-term career in mining.
In addition to paying competitively and providing great benefits packages, we want you to live the lifestyle that is right for you and your family. And because of our size and scale, there are many opportunities to learn, grow and do more than you ever thought possible.
Every hour of every shift, your safety and wellbeing is our number one priority. We do the work only if it is safe, and we invest to make sure every member of the team has the quality tools they need to do their job.
This role is for applicants willing to permanently relocate to Tom Price, Western Australia.
Reporting to the Mobile Maintenance Supervisor
and working 3 days, 3 nights. 6 days off roster, in a challenging and exciting environment within the Mobile Maintenance Team, you will be required to:
What you'll bring
- Maintain a high level of safety awareness and comply with all RTIO Company Policies and procedures.
- Conduct routine inspections of the digger fleet and determine repair action when required.
- Actively contribute to continuous improvement projects increasing safety whilst reducing risk & cost.
- Utilise SAP to ensure that maintenance tasks are recorded, assigned correctly and completed to the relevant standard / specification.
What we offer
- A commitment to the safety of yourself and your team.
- Experience in maintaining all types of heavy mobile equipment.
- An Electrical Trade Certificate.
- WA Electrical License.
- An HV Switching Ticket.
- Strong fault finding and diagnostic skills.
- An Australian Manual Drivers' License.
- Previous experience with SAP.
About Rio Tinto
- Permanent Rio Tinto contract.
- Relocation costs to Tom Price.
- Competitive salary package with annual performance bonus.
- Comprehensive medical benefits including subsidised private health insurance for employees and immediate family.
- Extensive salary sacrifice & salary packaging options.
- Generous employee share plan.
- Company provided insurance cover.
- A broad range of employee discounts in banking, accommodation, cars, retail and more.
- A work environment where safety is always the number one priority.
- Generous leave provisions for all life's reasons (personal, parental, annual leave etc)
- Learning and development opportunities to support your desired technical or leadership career path.
- Ongoing individual wellbeing support for you and your family for personal and professional matters.
Every idea, every innovation, every little thing the world calls 'progress' begins with
a first step, and someone willing to take it: explorers, inventors, entrepreneurs. Pioneers.
For nearly 150 years, Rio Tinto has been a company of pioneers generations of people spanning the globe, all with the grit and vision to produce materials essential to human progress.
Our iron ore has shaped skylines from Shanghai to Sydney. Our aluminium the world's first to be certified "responsible" helps planes fly and makes cars lighter. Our copper helps wind turbines power cities and our boron helps feed the world, and explore the universe.
Our diamonds help us celebrate the best parts of life. Where you'll be working
In the Pilbara region of Western Australia, Rio Tinto operates the world's largest integrated portfolio of iron ore assets with industry-leading margins. Our premium product suite, including our flagship Pilbara blend, drives strong customer relationships and is supported by technical and commercial marketing expertise. The iron ore business continues to be the world's largest autonomous truck operator and a proud leader in automated mining technologies.Every Voice Matters
At Rio Tinto, we particularly welcome and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, women, the LGBTI+ community, mature workers, people with disabilities and people from different cultural backgrounds.
We are committed to an inclusive environment where people feel comfortable to be themselves. We want our people to feel that all voices are heard, all cultures respected and that a variety of perspectives are not only welcome they are essential to our success. We treat each other fairly and with dignity regardless of race, gender, nationality, ethnic origin, religion, age, sexual orientation or anything else that makes us different.Apply today if you want to work with the latest technology and innovation, in an environment where we challenge you to drive positive change.
Please note, in order to be successfully considered for this role you must complete all pre-screening questions. You may also be required to complete on-line assessments as part of the selection process.