About the roleAll progress begins with pioneers. At Rio Tinto, it begins with you.
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Highly critical role for the safe generation, transmission, and distribution of electrical power
- Work for a global company with broad opportunities - Salt Lake City
We are looking for a Journeyman Lineman
to join the Kennecott Utah Copper Power Plant team and contribute to safe and efficient operation.
In addition to paying competitively and providing great benefits packages, we want you to live the lifestyle that is right for you and your family. And because of our size and scale, there are many opportunities to learn, grow and do more than you ever thought possible. Every hour of every shift, your safety and wellbeing is our number one priority. We do the work only if it is safe, and we invest to make sure every member of the team has the quality tools they need to do their job.
This role is a great opportunity further your career in one of the world's leading company. Working 4 days/week, 10 hours/day (4X10) roster with some on-call duties. Reporting to the Superintendent - Electrical High Voltage, you will be:
What you will need for this role
- Maintaining, troubleshooting and construction of high voltage power lines
- Performing high voltage switching procedures
- Performing all duties according to Rio Tinto Kennecott Utah Copper safety standards
- Maintaining and performing various duties within power substations
- Accepting on-call assignments
- Receiving instructions from Supervisors related to operating or controlling assigned
It will also be beneficial if you have:
- A High School diploma or equivalent
- Completed or currently enrolled in Electrical Power Technology program Utah Class A CDL license (or be willing to acquire this license)
- Journeyman Lineman certificate or 1 or more years of relevant experience
- Knowledge of high voltage power systems, i.e., operation, functions, and terminology
What we offer
- Understanding of related laws, codes, and regulations
- Ability to train and instruct in all aspects of the Line trade
Here is just a glimpse of our industry leading rewards package:
About Rio Tinto
- A safety-focused and inclusive working environment
- A competitive salary package with quarterly incentive awards (EIP) for eligible employees
- Career development & education assistance to further your ambitions
- Access to top tier family-friendly health and medical programs
- Excellent retirement plan including 6% Retirement Contribution Plan
- Generous 401k matching program (company matched .50 per dollar up to 6% of your base pay)
- A comprehensive leave policy that covers all moments that matter in life (vacation/annual, paid parental leave, short term sick leave, paid holidays)
- Ongoing individual wellbeing support for you and your family for personal and professional matter
- Generous Rio Tinto employee share program
Every idea, every innovation, every little thing the world calls 'progress' begins with a first step, and someone willing to take it: explorers, inventors, entrepreneurs."¯Pioneers."¯For nearly 150 years, Rio Tinto has been a company of pioneers generations of people spanning the globe, all with the grit and vision to produce materials essential to human progress."¯
Our iron ore has shaped skylines from Shanghai to Sydney. Our aluminium the world's first to be certified "responsible" helps planes fly and makes cars lighter. Our copper helps wind turbines power cities and our boron helps feed the world and explore the universe. Our diamonds help us celebrate the best parts of life."¯Where you'll be working
Rio Tinto Kennecott is a fully integrated mining operation located just outside Salt Lake City, Utah, US. Kennecott is a wholly owned subsidiary of Rio Tinto. For more than 110 years, Kennecott has been mining and processing minerals from the rich orebody of the Bingham Canyon Mine. Kennecott is a strong economic driver and strives to be a valuable community partner through strategic partnerships, charitable giving and sustainable development practicesEvery Voice Matters
At Rio Tinto, we particularly welcome and encourage applications from Indigenous Peoples, women, the LGBTQ+ community, mature workers, people with disabilities and people from different cultural backgrounds. Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V Rio Tinto participates in E-Verify to confirm work authorization. Please visit http://www.uscis.gov/ for more information.
Please note, in order to be successfully considered for this role you must complete all pre-screening questions.
If you would like to know more about careers at Rio Tinto, you can like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter or join us on LinkedIn.