Mission for this Position About Us
At Baffinland, we work and live beyond the Arctic Circle, mining iron ore at our Mary River Property, located in the Qikiqtani Region of Nunavut on Baffin Island; one of the world's most captivating and seldom seen destinations. We are a unique company with a strong management who have amassed specialty experience on northern mining projects through all phases of Inuit consultation, permitting, construction and operation. Our workforce brings together the modern practice of safe, sustainable mining and the enduring value of a traditional culture, which is rapidly advancing. The result is a work and community experience you won't find anywhere else. We are looking for people ready to share, build, and grow with our company.
Reporting to Ore Handling Supervisor. The Dispatcher is the single point of contact to coordinate and optimize use of the Ore Handling Mobile Equipment Fleet; particularly the B-train ore haul trucks and support equipment (grader, dozer, etc.). Main Accountabilities
- Coordinate and track b-train movement and driver swaps.
- Coordinate support equipment to ensure smooth b-train movement.
- Instill, support, and verify safe and efficient work practices by visible, felt, and engaging leadership.
- Execute project strategies and schedule order to meet BIM operational plans and shipping schedules.
- The Dispatcher must be organized and have excellent interpersonal and communications skills.
- Able to multi-task and track multiple pieces of equipment and personnel (two radio channels, phone, computer, etc.).
- Communicate issues between operators, supervisors, and maintenance.
- Manage flow at the loading and dumping points to prevent bunching by diverting trucks for breaks or lubing where possible.
- Assist with crew line ups.
- Anticipate equipment fleet change (i.e. trucks going into or coming out of the shop) and ensure supervisory/operators are aware to minimize standby time.
- Maintain production and utilization spreadsheet.
- Issue production reports.
- Other duties as assigned.
- College Diploma in Mining, Logistics and/or Business preferred
- From 1-3 years' of dispatching experience
- From 3-5 years' of Tractor trailer driving experience
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suit (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- PI ProcessBook experience preferred