AGGREGATES TECHNICAL LEAD - United KingdomDo you have 5+ years of experience in mining or quarrying?Are you an experienced technical specialist with strong understanding of UK building material standards?Do you have strong knowledge of the design and engineering of aggregates plants?
As part of a company strategy to strengthen and grow their team an opportunity has arisen for an aggregates technical lead to join a UK based Mine Owner.
This new role for an aggregates technical lead requires an experienced technical specialist, with a background in aggregate engineering, geology, or equivalent area, to interpret and manage the data from a primary operation of mining to a secondary operation of aggregate production. The desired candidate should hold a strong understanding of all UK material quality standards against the Specification for Highways works, throughout the series, and the various standards for all aggregate construction products.
Key requirements include:
- Develop an intimate understanding of the deposit geology to serve as a sound basis for developing the relationship between the organisation's primary operation of metalliferous mining and its secondary operation of aggregate production.
- Collate data and develop methods for geological analysis and data collection to ensure the synergy between both metalliferous and aggregate operations.
- Analyse geological and geochemical data collected by tests and surveys, to then develop the production process further.
- Manage sampling and reports from consultants and contractors to provide purposeful feedback and recommendations.
- Provide production and product assessments, delivering pertinent feedback and insight to management and heads of departments through regular meetings.
- Liaise closely with and support other technical departments to develop excellent cross-disciplinary knowledge.
- Ensure that consultants and contractors are compliant with site procedures and relevant codes of practice and regulations.
- Responsibly manage budgets for project-based works.
- Conduct frequent training sessions with operational staff regarding investigations and data interpretation.
- Taking a key role in the development of the on-site laboratory and managing and developing a range of best practice systems to deliver an accurate and efficient on-site testing regime.
- Liaise with external laboratory services (where appropriate) to ensure prompt and accurate submission of samples and receipt of data.
Essential requirements are:
- Degree in Geology, Geoscience or Engineering (essential).
- >5 years of experience in mining or quarrying.
- Knowledge of aggregate geology and product specifications.
- Practical experience of collecting, managing and analysing technical information.
- Comply strictly with safety codes, standards, and procedures.
If this is an opportunity you would like to discuss further or have anyone you can recommend, please get in contact.