Intermediate Hydrogeologist - Vancouver, BC, Canada
SRK Consulting is an independent, international consulting practice, providing globally integrated consulting services to the international mining and metals sector.
We are seeking a Intermediate Hydrogeologist.
Description of Responsibilities:
The Canadian Groundwater group currently has 13 staff with experience in physical and chemical hydrogeology and modeling. There are more than 25 hydrogeologists in SRK North America and more than 60 in SRK globally. As part of the hydrogeology group, the successful candidate will collaborate regularly with the mining, geochemistry, water management and engineering groups, and handle a range of tasks including field work planning and implementation, drill supervision, hydrogeological instrumentation installation and operation in deep environments (>250m), working with databases, aquifer testing, data analysis and interpretation, conceptual modeling and reporting. Projects could include greenfield or brownfield, from early-stage exploration to operations to mine closure, with a focus on environmental and/or engineering components.
The successful candidate will be expected to interact with the hydrogeology team and other teams, have an active role in managing tasks and junior staff to achieve task goals and timelines, prepare reports and presentations for internal or external audiences.
- A minimum of an undergraduate degree (masters or post-baccalaureate work preferred) in geology, geological/civil engineering, or physical geography, with emphasis on geology, hydrogeology, hydrology, environmental engineering, or geotechnical disciplines.
- At least five years of experience, preferably in one or more of the disciplines listed above. Mining industry experience is a benefit (operational, exploration, or assessment).
- Able to work on site independently with long hours in the field and variable weather conditions.
- Experience with installation and operation of deep (>250m) groundwater instrumentation.
- Self-motivated and desire to work both as part of multi-disciplinary teams and independently.
- Strong writing skills
- Professional registration or eligibility to obtain it.
- Willing to travel locally, nationally and possibly internationally.
- Valid driver's license with a good driving record.
This position involves working in multi-disciplinary teams on a range of projects both nationally and overseas; international travel may form a significant part of the role.
In return for considering a future with us, we offer:
- An attractive compensation package.
- Diversity of projects and clients within a non-hierarchical consultancy environment.
- Opportunity to purchase shares in the company; the SRK Group is an independent group, owned by its employees.
Applicants should respond by submitting their CV online by clicking the button below. The candidates under consideration will be contacted directly, no phone calls please.