Reporting to Superintendent Hydromet and Assay, the Leaching Technical Advisor is responsible but not limited to providing technical support for Leaching and the SX-EW Plant
As an employee of Pinto Valley Mine, the Leaching Technical Advisor will abide by all rules and regulations designed to create a safe workplace. They must wear the designated PPE in order to perform their duties and act in a manner that keeps them and their fellow employees safe. They must also report any workplace hazards to ensure corrective can be taken to prevent injury.REPORTING TO:
Superintendent, Hydromet and AssayCOLLABORATING WITH
(Key departments, External Groups):
- Mine, Processing (including Crusher, Mill and SXEW), and Metallurgical Department
- Business Services, Human Resources, HSE and
Contractor / Vendor Services (as required)
PEOPLE REPORTING TO THIS POSITION
- Instrument Service Representatives and Engineers
(Name of Position):
- The Leaching Technical Advisor will provide technical support to the leaching and the SX-EW Plant.
- Liaise with the Mine Department, Mine Planning, Geology, Maintenance, and SX-EW Personnel to ensure leach dumps are optimally utilized.
- Be familiar with the short and long range leach dump plans. Visit the dumps on a frequent basis to assure the plans are being followed.
- Monitor leach solution chemistry and recommend changes/improvements as needed.
- Monitor SX-EW operation parameters and recommend changes/improvements as necessary.
- Analyze data for trends and anomalies.
- Work with SX Supervision to enter work requests and follow up to maintain equipment availabilities.
- Provide vacation relief for Superintendent, Hydromet and Assay
- A degree in Mining, Chemical or Metallurgical Engineering is preferred
- 1-3 years of previous mining experience
Key Competencies / Skills
- Valid U.S Driver's License.
- Able to speak, comprehend, read, and write English.
- Proficient in using various types of computer software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, SAP, etc.)
- Must be able to read, understand and follow work instructions in a safe, accurate, and timely manner.
- Ability to work well with others and independently.
- Proven time management skills and a strong attention to detail.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, sit, demonstrate manual dexterity, climb stairs, and ladders, work on elevated platforms, talk, hear and see.
- Occasionally required to lift moderately heavy objects (up to 50-70 pounds) during course of workday.
- Personal protective equipment is required when performing work in a mine, outdoor, or manufacturing plant environment, including hard hat, hearing protection, safety glasses, safety footwear, and as needed, respirator, rubber steel-toe boots, protective clothing, gloves and any other protective equipment required.
- Work is in a mine or manufacturing plant setting, which may include exposure to extremes in temperature and humidity moving mechanical parts, risk of electrical shock, toxic chemicals, explosives, fumes, and airborne particles.