Would you like to have a career with a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic mining company? We have an exciting opportunity for you! Our people division is growing, and we are looking for a Project Engineer at our Turquoise Ridge operations.
At Nevada Gold Mines, our vision is to be the world's most valued gold mining business by finding, developing, and operating the best assets with the best people. We are committed to a safe work environment sending every person home safe and healthy every day and leaving a sustainable legacy on our host communities. Responsibilities:
- Understanding of geotechnical and ventilation issues in an underground mine required
- Demonstrated ability to perform the essential functions of this position required
- Sound understanding and support of underground safety and environmental initiatives required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required
- Excellent safety and attendance record required
- Demonstrated capacity to execute and hold self and others accountable for results required
- Ability to utilize electronic systems and basic understanding of Microsoft Office products required
- Ability to read and execute engineering drawings required
What We Can Offer You
- Exposure/Comfort with rock mass classification systems in support of Ground Control Management Plan preferred
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Mining or Geotechnical Engineering or equivalent experience required
- Minimum of three (3) year experience at an underground mine required
- Five (5) years of experience in the mining industry preferred
- Shaft Sinking Experience preferred
- Three (3) years' experience in a supervisory or lead role preferred
- Basic understanding of scheduling software such as Primavera P6 preferred
About Nevada Gold Mines
- A comprehensive compensation package including a competitive medical, dental, and vision plan with national provider networks, a 401k retirement plan with employer contribution, paid time off, company-sponsored medical clinics, company match share purchase program, and much more!
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team.
- Opportunities to grow and learn with the industry colleagues are endless.
- Access to a variety of career opportunities across the organization.
- Nevada Gold Mines is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Nevada Gold Mines is a joint venture between Barrick Gold Corporation (61.5%) and Newmont Goldcorp Corporation (38.5%), combining their significant assets across Nevada to create the single largest gold-producing complex in the world and realize the full potential of these mines through synergies and best-in-class operational improvements.
The massive mining operation comprises 8 mines along with their associated infrastructure and processing facilities that produced an estimated 4 million ounces of gold in 2018. Three of these assets are Tier One gold mines: Barrick's Cortez; the combination of Barrick's Goldstrike and Newmont Goldcorp's Carlin; and the combination of Barrick's Turquoise Ridge and Newmont Goldcorp's Twin Creeks. In addition, Barrick's Goldrush-Fourmile project has the potential to become the fourth Tier One asset in this portfolio. The new JV is expected to generate around $5 billion in cost savings over the next five years. Nevada Gold Mines is operated by Barrick .
Thank you for your application, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.