Are you a Geology professional who is looking for career growth? At Barrick, we are passionate about talent and seek out new perspectives while challenging ourselves to think differently as we transform Barrick into a leading 21st century company!
Our people division is growing, and we are looking for a Senior Exploration Geologist to join our North America Exploration team and lead Barrick's epithermal-focused exploration program. In this role, you will develop a portfolio of projects with potential to meet geologic and economic filters and be responsible for planning, leading and executing exploration activities in the USA with an objective of discovery or recognition of gold deposits that will add material value while working in full alignment with Barrick's values.
The Exploration team is pleased to be home to leading technical specialists in the geosciences, water, environment, and community relations. We combine the resources of a global, multibillion-dollar company with local, discovery-driven teams operating across the globe. Responsibilities:
The Senior Exploration Geologist must show strength in the following:
Other responsibilities include:
- Maintain a safe working environment for all employees, contractors and the public
- Develop, coordinate, and lead epithermal-focused exploration programs within budget
- Motivate programs and effective reporting of exploration activities and implications of results
- Assist in the development of exploration models for epithermal gold deposits and target/project generation activities
- Proactively supervise 3rd party properties; initiate reviews as warranted
- Forward planning to ensure efficient and timely coordination of resources required for preparation and conduct of exploration activities
- Preparation of annual programs and budgets
- Ensure programs are consistent with Barrick's strategic needs and goals.
Specific functional duties include:
- Maintain a professional work environment and encourage technical excellence from team
- Ensure the effective collection and interpretation of exploration data, including QAQC protocols
- Ensure that company resources are optimally utilized
- Implement approved programs, bringing targets to decision points in a cost effective and timely manner
- Extensive travel required
- Solid understanding of geology, mineral camps, and prospective geologic terrain for discovery of gold deposits
- Coordinate peer reviews of exploration programs
- Coordinate the timely and accurate compilation of exploration results and review project progress for weekly reporting
- Contribution to the preparation and presentation of quarterly reviews
- Preparation of material as required for inclusion in company presentations
- Participate in annual budget project reviews
The successful applicant will fulfill the following education and skill level pre-requisites:
What We Can Offer You
- Proven commitment to safety, community and environment.
- Bachelor of Science or Master of Science from a recognized institution.
- 7-10 years of applicable experience and expertise in exploration for a variety of gold deposits with an emphasis on epithermal and sediment-hosted systems in variety of geologic environments
- Self-motivated and driven
- Continued professional development and technical training
- Demonstrated competence in ArcGIS and 3D modeling software
- Geological/geochemical/geophysical interpretive and integration skills
- Firm understanding and recognition of mineralization models and geological processes
- Ability to work within a robust team
- A comprehensive compensation package including bonuses benefits, and stock purchase plans where applicable
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- Opportunities to grow and learn with the industry colleagues are endless
- Access to career opportunities across Barrick locations
- Barrick is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer
Barrick is the gold industry leader with a vision of wealth generation through responsible mining; wealth for our owners, our people, and the countries and communities with which we partner. Our objective is to maintain and grow industry-leading margins, driven by innovation and our digital transformation; managing our portfolio and allocating capital with discipline and rigor; and using our distinctive partnership culture as a competitive advantage. We aim to cultivate a high-performance culture defined by the following principles: a deep commitment to partnership, consistent execution, operational excellence, disciplined capital allocation, and continual self-improvement. We offer competitive compensation and benefits, coupled with unmatched opportunity for personal and professional growth.
Thank you for your application, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.