. Closing Date: February 8, 2022
Join a leading Process Control team in the mineral processing industry! If you are passionate about real-time operational excellence, this is the role for you!
Reporting to the Chief Process Control Engineer, the Process Control Engineer is responsible for maintaining and developing real-time optimization solutions through regulatory and advanced process control strategies. The role is key in supporting Mill Operations and Maintenance teams in meeting targets for copper and moly in the concentrator in a safe and efficient manner.
To be successful, we are looking for someone with strong communication and interpersonal skills, who can support multiple teams of technical professionals and can mentor others. The successful candidate would be detail-oriented, analytical, organized, as well as forward-thinking, positive and self-motivated. Proven abilities to interpret, translate and present findings to all levels of the business would be vital for success in this role.
This role presents an exciting opportunity to make your mark on projects that will advance targets for metal recovery, concentrate grade quality, and improve production efficiency and the safety of your team!
Join us in the Highland Valley and enjoy a variety of recreational opportunities at your fingertips. Whether you enjoy biking and skiing, or prefer the laid-back atmosphere of fishing and hiking, there is something for everyone! The mine site is a 50-minute drive from Kamloops, B.C. which provides all the comforts of city living. It is also close to Merritt, Ashcroft, and Logan Lake, which all exude a small-town community atmosphere. Working a compressed work week with every Friday off at a centralised location in Highland Valley, come experience what work life balance is all about!
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Provide technical support and reports for the maintenance, design and implementation of regulatory and advanced controllers and the real-time optimization of selected operational circuits, including configuring hardware/software infrastructure, conducting data analysis, controller monitoring, process modelling, benefit analysis and troubleshooting
- Design, implement and maintain online process monitoring applications
- Analyze processes, equipment and review key targets to make recommendations on improved methods and optimization opportunities
- Identify, plan and execute technical projects to expand a sustainable culture of Process Control
- Create capital Appropriation Requests (ARs) and Project Charters
- Supervise the work and safety compliance of outside suppliers and consulting personnel on site
Successful candidates must be fully vaccinated against infection by COVID-19. Candidates who are unable to be vaccinated due to a personal characteristic protected under applicable human rights legislation may request to be exempt from this requirement. We will do our best to accommodate those who are unable to be vaccinated.
- Engineering Degree in an Electrical, Metallurgical or Chemical field with a focus on Process Control
- Registered, or eligible to register, with Engineers and Geoscientists British Columbia (EGBC) as a P. Eng
- Minimum five years of experience in maintaining, troubleshooting, designing, and implementing real-time optimization strategies in an industrial mineral processing environment
- Experience with instrumentation, PLC/DCS, HMI, historian, and reviewing and developing PFDs and P&IDs
- Experience in process identification, modelling and simulation
- Experience in regulatory control and advanced process control
- Valid driver’s license
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person’s unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral developmentwith major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal and zinc, as well as investments in energy assets.
Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
Learn more about Teck at www.teck.com or follow @TeckResources. Job Segment:
Controls Engineer, Process Engineer, Materials Science, Metallurgy, Engineer, Engineering, Science