: January 28, 2022
Teck Alaska Incorporated, Red Dog Operations, one of the world's largest producers of zinc concentrate, is recruiting to fill theBuilding Maintenance Service Person VI position.Due to anticipated needs, we are currently recruiting for career oriented individual to fill this role.
Rotation schedule will be 2 weeks on-site with 2 weeks off-site
Reporting to the FacilitiesMaintenance Supervisor, theBuilding Maintenance ServicePerson is responsible for maintenance activities associated to the accommodations buildings at the PAC and CC tent camp. Responsibilities:
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Provide general maintenance services to the accommodation building and service complex maintenance projects and assist in the coordination of the projects from conception thru to completion
- Perform maintenance work including primary trades such as carpentry, electrical, plumbing, dry walling, HVAC to trade skillset
- Complete repair work of PAC accommodation facilities as directed
- Communicate effectively with other crew members and departments about assigned tasks and ensure carryover and updates of completed tasks throughout the shift
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of environmental risks and hazards as well as complies with safety policies and procedures (MSHA and Red Dog EMS training) and ensures daily workplace inspections are done in order to accurately identify and correct workplace hazards
- Ensures compliance with all established policies and standard operating procedures and advises coworkers of such policies and procedures as required
- Other related duties as assigned
- High a high school diploma or equivalent
- A minimum of ten (10)years combined experience in one or more of the building trades
- Ability to take a project from conception thru to completion with very minimal supervision
- Have the ability to adhere to high safety standards
- Able to work day, afternoon, or night shifts as required
- A team player and able to communicate well with others
- Highly motivated and have ability to perform tasks with limited direction
Successful candidates must be fully vaccinated againstinfection by COVID-19, subject to an exemption approved by Teck Alaska.
Red Dog is a drug/alcohol free work place and provides competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits program. Employment is conditional upon passing a background check,physical examination and drug/alcohol tests. Excellent benefits including: medical, dental, life, AD&D and long term disability insurance,vacation days, paid sick leave and 401k. Red Dog currently offers a 2x2 (two weeks on & two week off) an even schedule to provide a better work-life balance to our employees.
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person’s unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Your application to this posting is deemed to be your consent to the collection, use and necessary disclosure of personal information for the purposes of recruitment. Teck respects the privacy of all applicants and the confidentiality of personal information.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal, zinc, as well as investments in energy assets. Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
The pursuit of sustainability guides Teck’s approach to business. Teck is building partnerships and capacity to confront sustainability challenges within the regions in which it operates and at the global level. In 2019, Teck was named to the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index (DJSI) for the tenthstraight year, indicating that Teck’s sustainability practices rank in the top 10 per cent of the world’s 2,500 largest public companies in the S&P Global Broad Market Index.
Learn more about Teck at www.teck.com or follow @TeckResources We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Job Segment:
Medical, Social Media, Electrical, Sustainability, Healthcare, Marketing, Engineering, Mining, Energy