January 28, 2022
Teck Alaska Incorporated, Red Dog Operations, one of the world's largest producers of zinc concentrate, is recruiting for a Mill Maintenance Supervisor x2.Due to anticipated needs, we are currently recruiting for a career oriented individual to fill this role.
Schedule will be 2 weeks on-site, 2 weeks off-site
Reporting to the General Supervisor – Mill Maintenance Responsibilities
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- The Supervisor through effective communication with crew members will identify potential safety issues, and personally follow through with corrective action in a timely manner. This includes timely follow up with safety meeting minutes and Supervisor Incident Reports (SIR’s)
- A high degree of focus is required with regards to housekeeping and site improvements in the incumbent’s area of responsibility
- Direct the troubleshooting of equipment failures to determine root cause and initiate appropriate remedial action
- Oversee quality maintenance and repair of mine equipment to improve availability and reliability for production
- Execute daily and weekly work schedules to ensure work is completed on time and on budget through usage of Short Interval Controls (SIC)
- Collect and analyze work delay codes to identify challenges to timely completion of scheduled jobs, and work with available resources to reduce delays
- Assist with the development of the weekly schedule and the long range plan by providing feedback to the Maintenance Planning team.
- Ensure preventative maintenance compliance and that repair history is properly documented
- Assist in sourcing and requisitioning maintenance supplies, equipment, and services within budgeted guidelines
- Lead and hold employees accountable in achieving maintenance goals and enhance employee work performance and productivity through coaching and feedback
- Assist in the development of NANA shareholders and the administration of the Apprenticeship Program by taking a personal interest in mentorship
- The Supervisor will administer company policy, be involved in employee selection, promotions, and discharge
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Must be a qualified Journeyperson Millwright with a minimum seven (7) years’ experience in a heavy industrial environment or have a degree in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering
- Must have at least one (1) year ofSupervisory experience (including lead hand).
- Proficient with Microsoft Office; working knowledge of a computerized maintenance management system
- Be able to effectively communicate with the crew and all levels of management and ensure continual feedback
- Must be a team player, working closely with both operating and other maintenance staff and will continually strive to maximize the effectiveness of the organization
- Must have a working knowledge of MSHA Standards
- Excellent problem solving skills and decision making abilities
- Proven and exemplary leadership skills
Successful candidates must be fully vaccinated againstinfection by COVID-19, subject to an exemption approved by Teck Alaska.
Red Dog is a drug/alcohol free work place and provides competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits program. Employment is conditional upon passing a background check, physical examination and drug/alcohol tests. Excellent benefits including: medical, dental, life, AD&D and long term disability insurance, paid sick leave, vacation days and 401k. Red Dog currently offers a 2x2 (two weeks on & two week off) an even schedule to provide a better work-life balance to our employees.
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person’s unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Your application to this posting is deemed to be your consent to the collection, use and necessary disclosure of personal information for the purposes of recruitment. Teck respects the privacy of all applicants and the confidentiality of personal information.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal, zinc, as well as investments in energy assets. Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
The pursuit of sustainability guides Teck’s approach to business. Teck is building partnerships and capacity to confront sustainability challenges within the regions in which it operates and at the global level. In 2019, Teck was named to the Dow Jones
Sustainability World Index (DJSI) for the tenth straight year, indicating that Teck’s sustainability practices rank in the top 10 per cent of the world’s 2,500 largest public companies in the S&P Global Broad Market Index.
Learn more about Teck at www.teck.com or follow @TeckResources We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Job Segment:
Manager, Medical, Housekeeping, Engineer, Social Media, Management, Healthcare, Engineering, Marketing