January 28, 2022
Teck Alaska Incorporated, Red Dog Operations, one of the world's largest producers of zinc concentrate, is recruiting for a Mechanical Engineer in Training (EIT).Due to anticipated needs, we are currently recruiting for a career oriented individual to fill this role.
Schedule will be 2 weeks on-site, 2 weeks off-site
Reporting to the Team Leader Reliability Responsibilities
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Complete assigned work in a professional manner, including necessary measurements, calculations, analyses, interpretations, reporting and recommendations
- Communicate effectively with operating, technical and other maintenance groups to ensure optimum utilization of resources
- Improve mechanical and maintenance systems and procedures by evaluating new technology and recommending implementation where cost effective, and maintaining communications with suppliers and other operations
- Apply understanding of reliability centered maintenance, root cause analysis, Maintenance planning and scheduling, vibration analysis, lube oil analysis, infrared analysis, failure analysis, nondestructive testing and evaluation and trades work and tools
- Provide project management services as required including solutions options, benefit, risk and cost determination, project justification, scope definition, scope challenge, appropriations requisitions, project management, construction management, cost control and commissioning
- Fill in and provide coverage for other staff personnel as required to enhance his/her career development
- Communicate effectively with other colleagues and supervisor(s) about assigned tasks and ensuring carryover and updates of completed tasks
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of environmental risks and hazards as well as comply with safety policies and procedures (MSHA and Red Dog EMS training) and ensure daily workplace inspections are done in order to accurately identify and correct workplace hazards
- Ensure compliance with all established policies and standard operating procedures and advises coworkers and visitors of such policies and procedures as required
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Bachelor of Science/Engineering degree (Mechanical or related field) is required
- 1-2 years industry experience or recent graduate with summer industry experience preferred, but not required
- Must be proficient in MS Office Suite and Windows environment and able to thrive in a fast-paced setting with advanced abilities in MS Excel
- Project work exposure is an asset
- Maintenance experience in a mill/mine environment would be considered a significant asset
- Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Capable of working with all levels of the organization and in a team environment
- Excellent communication, facilitation and interpersonal skills
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to articulate ideas and communicate needs in a concise manner
- Self-motivated with the ability to prioritize and execute multiple tasks
Successful candidates must be fully vaccinated againstinfection by COVID-19, subject to an exemption approved by Teck Alaska.
Red Dog is a drug/alcohol free work place and provides competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits program. Employment is conditional upon passing a background check, physical examination and drug/alcohol tests. Excellent benefits including: medical, dental, life, AD&D and long term disability insurance, paid sick leave, vacation days and 401k. Red Dog currently offers a 2x2 (two weeks on & two week off) an even schedule to provide a better work-life balance to our employees.
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person’s unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Your application to this posting is deemed to be your consent to the collection, use and necessary disclosure of personal information for the purposes of recruitment. Teck respects the privacy of all applicants and the confidentiality of personal information.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal, zinc, as well as investments in energy assets. Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
The pursuit of sustainability guides Teck’s approach to business. Teck is building partnerships and capacity to confront sustainability challenges within the regions in which it operates and at the global level. In 2019, Teck was named to the Dow Jones
Sustainability World Index (DJSI) for the tenth straight year, indicating that Teck’s sustainability practices rank in the top 10 per cent of the world’s 2,500 largest public companies in the S&P Global Broad Market Index.
Learn more about Teck at www.teck.com or follow @TeckResources We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Job Segment:
Training, Curriculum, Medical, Engineer, Mechanical Engineer, Operations, Education, Healthcare, Engineering