Trafigura Group has an immediate need for a qualified Accounts Payable Clerk at its Myra Falls Mine on Vancouver Island, British Columbia. Myra Falls Mine is an underground mine operation located 90 km southwest of Campbell River, BC in the picturesque surroundings of Strathcona Provincial Park. Surrounded by mountains and lakes, the trip to the mine has some of the world’s most impressive views.
This is an onsite position and daily travel between the Campbell River/Courtenay area and the mine site is required. Bus transportation is provided. If you like to work with people in a working environment to deliver results, and you enjoy an active outdoor lifestyle of Vancouver Island’s coastal life, this could be your opportunity.
Make Myra Falls Mine your next career choice!
This position is responsible for supporting the finance department, and paying supplier invoices accurately, on time, and in accordance with internal controls. In addition, the person in this role is expected to add value by consulting with others improve the efficiency, effectiveness, and information associated with the procedure to pay system.
- Work safely, and proactively identify and manage risks that could affect our people, environment, strategy, or assets.
- Process multi-currency accounts payable invoices in accordance with purchase orders, receiving reports, expense reports, and approval limits. Exercise judgement with regards to account coding, price discrepancies, extra charges, and sales taxes.
- Assist with payment runs using EFT, wire transfers, and paper cheques
- Maintain well organized vendor files
- Provide advice to help others make well organized requisitions
- Assist with the reconciliation of AP related general ledger accounts and help others record service receipts
- Assist with the tracking and proactive payment of mineral leases and permits
- Assist HR with payments to retirees
- Assist with mail and deliveries
- Other duties as required
- 5+ years’ experience in similar roles
- Previous SAP experience is preferred
Myra Falls offers a competitive wage, comprehensive benefit package, Pension, RRSP and GIA contributions for retirement planning. The incumbent will work a 4X3 work schedule. Relocation assistance to the Campbell River area may be available.
Interested candidates should send their resumes to. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, we are only able to contact those who have been shortlisted.