Minto Metals, a producing underground copper mine has exciting opportunities to become part of our team and live by our Company values – Be Safe, Be Honest, Be Responsible, Be Respectful and Be Great!
We are seeking Sr. Mine Engineer for a full-time/regular position. The role will be based at the Minto mine, 250km north of Whitehorse, YT. This is a camp-based operation with a two-week on/two weeks off rotation. Travel to/from Whitehorse and the mine site is paid for by the company.
The Ideal Candidate
You will have:
- 6-8 years related experience as an Engineer.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mine Engineering or similar field.
- Hold a P. Eng designation.
- Experience in project evaluation, mine methods, design, development, scheduling.
- Ability to build strong relationships with Project Managers, Mining Manager, Chief Engineers, and site teams.
- Highly proficient in use of mine design software is an asset.
- Ability to work with a diverse cross-cultural workforce.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Provide mine engineering expertise during the feasibility and construction phases of the underground operations to ensure operational needs and standards are met.
- Review and provide support on projects and evaluations of potential M&A.
- Support corporate functions including business planning, budget reviews, investment evaluation, business improvements exercises and projects.
- Responsible for providing mine engineering work on emphasis on mine design, planning, benchmarking, mine plan and operational optimization.
- Support the implementation of long-term mine plans and vacation coverage for short-term detailed mine execution plans, provides the necessary production parameters needed to ensure achievement of the long-term mine plan.
- Optimizes the extraction of mineral deposits to meet Company objectives.
- Provides advice and direction to mining operations in developing and implementing engineering, mine design, planning and scheduling strategies.
- Maintain Mine Site quality control processes and procedures.
- Practice and actively promote company environmental, health, safety and operational policies and procedures.
- Comply with company standards, as well as Yukon Territory and Canadian federal standards.
- Other duties may be assigned from time to time as required by the Company.