Minto Explorations Ltd is a Yukon-based mining company that operates the Minto copper and gold mine. It is located 240 kilometres north from the capital Whitehorse along the Klondike Highway.
Minto is looking to build its workforce substantially over the short-to-medium term and is looking for a range of candidates who would like to become part of a dynamic, team-oriented, and performance-driven environment.Position
We are seeking a Heavy Duty Mechanic
for a full time/regular position. The role will be based at the Minto mine, which is a camp-based operation with a three week on/three week off rotation working on our underground equipment. We continue to invest in our fleet of heavy equipment for our underground operations.The Ideal Candidate
You will have;
- High School Diploma or equivalent;
- Certification/Degree in Heavy Equipment Mechanical Maintenance for a vocational tech school preferred or equivalent work history;
- Certified Red Seal;
- Excellent analytical, technical, communication, and problem-solving skills are necessary;
- Strong sense of integrity, ethics and desire to positively impact the environment;
- Ability to develop and foster strong working relationships;
- Ability to work with a diverse cross-cultural workforce;
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities;
- Valid driver's license;
- Physically fit to perform the duties of the position.
- Maintain and repair underground mobile mining equipment such as Drills, Bolters, Loaders, Scoops, Haul Trucks and Heavy and Light duty support equipment;
- Intermediate welding and fabrication;
- Diesel and gas engine trouble shooting and repair skills;
- Troubleshoot, diagnose and repair mechanical, hydraulic and electrical components of mobile mining equipment;
- Responsible for pre-shift inspection of work areas and equipment;
- Ensure that safety issues are reported and promptly remedied;
- Demonstrate safety leadership within a team environment and promote environmental awareness in all work or task related duties;
- Be an effective communicator in English (verbal and written) at all levels, including keeping your cross-shift and other team members fully always informed
- Comply with company standards, as well as Yukon Territory and Canadian federal standards;
- Other duties may be assigned from time to time as required by the Company.
Priority consideration will be given to Selkirk First Nation citizens, Northern Tutchone citizens, Yukon First Nations and residents of Yukon Territory.
We thank all candidates for their interest however only those considered for an interview will be contacted.