Williams Operating Corporation - Barrick Gold located near Marathon in Northwestern Ontario presently requires a: Underground Journeyman Shift Electricians
The Temporary Journeyman Shift Electrician is accountable to the Maintenance Supervisor, the Electrician is responsible for maintaining all surface and underground electrical systems in accordance to Company Standards, Ontario Hydro standards, Electrical Code, CSA standards and Federal, Provincial, and Company Safety regulations. Responsibilities
- Be compliant with all applicable environmental, health and safety Acts, policies and procedures and ensure that all work is done in the manner and with the protective devices, measures and procedures required.
- Make certain adequate accident prevention practices are maintained by reviewing and recommending improvements and procedures.
- Ensure all hazards are reported and investigated in accordance with relevant procedures and appropriate remedial actions implemented in a timely manner.
- Ensure a safe and healthy work environment by gaining proper training, following and understanding of the operating procedures, PPE, operation of equipment and effective communication.
- Attend daily cell safety meetings to communicate safety instruction, information and gather concerns to be addressed.
- Work within the daily, weekly and monthly maintenance plans ensuring availability of manpower, equipment, tools, service and resources.
- Identify and organize the resources required for these plans, equipment, personnel, and services to achieve the established production targets. Ensure adequate material available in order to maximize productivity
- Perform physical inspections to determine if work meets company standards in regards to quality, production and safety.
- Recommend measures or changes to improve production methods, equipment performance and use of equipment and personnel to increase efficiency of department and entire mine.
- Ensure all work completed supports activities of the subsequent shifts; communicate these activities to the respective foreman
- Prepare daily, weekly, and monthly shift reports as required
- Complete operational checks monitoring quality and productivity ensuring established standards are met.
- Complete all required housekeeping audits.
- Ability, skills and knowledge to work with high voltages in an industrial setting.
- Maintain a high standard of workmanship at all times, particularly during time constraints associated with plant downtime, is a challenge.
- The role typically involves interruption to electrical supplies, so special attention must be placed on the impacts on the broader working environment.
- Understand technical components of the job; use technical knowledge or skills to safely complete tasks.
- Schedule own work so that the most important work gets done; plan to have materials ready to complete a job; adjust schedule based on priority situations that occur throughout the week.
- Critique own performance as a means of self-improvement; set high standards of work performance for self.
- Diagnose problems and share solutions to create learning experiences.
- Provide reports as required for decision making, period reporting and budgeting purposes through e-mail, computer requirements and additional required data entry.
- Anticipate and implement solution to problems that may occur in the operations through trouble shooting and problem solving.
- Implement and adhere to all company policy's and directives.
- Optimize the use of operating consumables to minimize cos
- Actively participate in the Continuous Improvement activities in order to improve all areas of the mine. Ensure that these activities are aligned in the same direction as the Company.
- Promote and encourage all employees in establishing the continuous improvement culture.
- Instruct and train co-workers to ensure adherence to company procedures, guidelines and any relevant government legislation.
- Follow employee training plan to ensure all necessary training is complete.
- Maintain proper working relations with all other departments including contractor relationships.
- Communicate with Supervisor, General Foreman and other employees to review direction, resolve problems, recommend priorities and corrective measures to improve operations and conditions of entire mine.
- Update the General Foreman and Supervisor for direction and communication
- Receive and give accurate, timely feedback to Supervisor, employees and other groups
- Identify and communicate maintenance priorities to production department.
- Ensure operating objectives and targets are effectively communicated to crew
What we can Offer You
- Electrical License in the Province of Ontario
- Knowledgeable in health and safety standards
- Knowledgeable in site and department operating procedures
- Ability to understand and follow written and oral instruction
- Demonstrate applicable ethics and due diligence
- Communication leadership and team building skills
- Strong prioritization, organization and reasoning skills
- High level of integrity, confidentiality and accountability
- Sound analytical thinking, planning, and execution of skills
- Ability to make lasting positive impact on the Operation
- Experience working on a World Class, geologically complex Archean Greenstone gold deposit
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- An opportunity to transform Traditional Mining into the future of Digital Mining
- Opportunities to grow and learn with the industry colleagues are endless
- Barrick is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Barrick is the gold industry leader with a vision of wealth generation through responsible mining; wealth for our owners, our people, and the countries and communities with which we partner. Our objective is to maintain and grow industry-leading margins, driven by innovation and our digital transformation; managing our portfolio and allocating capital with discipline and rigor; and leveraging our distinctive partnership culture as a competitive advantage. We aim to cultivate a high-performance culture defined by the following principles: a deep commitment to partnership, consistent execution, operational excellence, disciplined capital allocation, and continual self-improvement. We are obsessed with talent and seek out fresh perspectives and challenging ourselves to think differently as we transform Barrick into a leading 21st century company. About Hemlo
Situated near the beautiful shores of Lake Superior in north western Ontario, 350 km east of Thunder Bay, we have an underground/open pit: residential mine site. This rugged and beautiful area is an outdoor paradise - home to dozens of species of birds and animals as well as moose, black bear and deer. If you enjoy outdoor activities including enjoying lake country/cottages, camping, boating, beaches, hiking, hunting and fishing, as well as sledding, snowshoeing, x-country skiing in the winter; you'll want to explore opportunities at Barrick-Hemlo. With two communities in proximity, both Marathon and Manitouwadge have all the amenities you'll require and is regarded as a wonderful place to raise a family, with affordable costs of living and a terrific quality of life. Barrick is an equal opportunity employer. Thank you for your application, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.