About the role
- Be part of a global mining organization with a strong focus on safety
- Excellent career development opportunities as frontline supervisor
- Work with an exceptional team of operations and technical people
- Role based in Salt Lake City, Utah
We are looking for a Maintenance Supervisor(s)
to lead a team of Maintenance Tradespersons in executing maintenance activities ensuring asset management processes are consistently applied.
Leading on the frontline is one of the most important jobs in our business and comes with a huge amount of responsibility. We need you to motivate, inspire and keep your people safe and well.
With signature leadership training programmes, growing and developing is more than an opportunity it is something we actively plan and make happen. Every day our leaders grow, while our rosters are designed to help you live the lifestyle that is right for you and your family.
Reporting to the Superintendent, this role is a great opportunity lead and develop a maintenance execution team.
The main responsibilities will be:
- Monitoring working practices and adherence to safety procedures to ensure safety of employees. Complying with Rio Tinto and Statutory Safety requirements;
- Understanding, applying, adhering to the approved maintenance work management program and ensuring compliance to planned and scheduled work orders;
- Allocating maintenance coverage for breakdowns;
- Resolving on the job issues (with regards to planned maintenance activities, maintenance shutdowns, etc.);
- Managing, supervising and allocating work to a team of trade employees in maintenance activities;
- Interfacing with planners and fellow Supervisors to assist in planning and scheduling of work;
- Ensuring work is completed in accordance with the Collective Bargaining Agreement and soliciting input from team members.
To be successfully considered for this role, you will have:
- High School Diploma or equivalent;
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a maintenance/operations or a related field;
- Experience working with or leading a team;
- Knowledge of mining equipment, subsystems, lubrication properties and equipment troubleshooting;
- Excellent computer skills, knowledge of MS Office, Excel& SAP;
- Experience maintaining mills and pumps.
It will also be beneficial if you have:
What we offer
- Knowledge of MSHA regulations.
- Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering.
Here is just a glimpse of our industry leading rewards package:
About Rio Tinto
- A safety-focused and inclusive working environment
- A competitive salary package with annual cash incentive awards (STIP) for eligible employees
- Career development & education assistance to further your ambitions
- Access to top tier family-friendly health and medical programs
- Excellent retirement plan including 6% defined company contribution
- Generous 401k matching program
- A comprehensive leave policy that covers all moments that matter in life (vacation/annual, paid parental leave, short term sick leave, paid holidays)
- Ongoing individual wellbeing support for you and your family for personal and professional matter
- Generous Rio Tinto employee share program
Every idea, every innovation, every little thing the world calls 'progress' begins with
a first step, and someone willing to take it: explorers, inventors, entrepreneurs."¯Pioneers."¯
For nearly 150 years, Rio Tinto has been a company of pioneers generations of people spanning the globe, all with the grit and vision to produce materials essential to human progress."¯
Our iron ore has shaped skylines from Shanghai to Sydney. Our aluminium the world's first to be certified "responsible" helps planes fly and makes cars lighter. Our copper helps wind turbines power cities and our boron helps feed the world, and explore the universe.
Our diamonds help us celebrate the best parts of life."¯ Where you'll be working
Our Kennecott mine is a world-class, fully integrated copper mining operation, including a concentrator, smelter and refinery, located just outside Salt Lake City, Utah, in the United States. We produce copper, precious metals including gold and silver, molybdenum and sulfuric acid. Kennecott has been mining and processing minerals from the rich ore body of the Bingham Canyon Mine since 1903, and is one of the top producing mines in the world, comprising approximately 11 percent of U.S. annual copper production.Every Voice Matters
We are committed to an inclusive environment where people feel comfortable being themselves. We want our people to feel that all voices are heard, all cultures respected and that a variety of perspectives are not only welcome they are essential to our success. We treat each other fairly and with dignity regardless of race, gender, nationality, ethnic origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, or anything else that makes us different.
At Rio Tinto, we particularly welcome and encourage applications from Indigenous Peoples, women, the LGBTQ+ community, mature workers, people with disabilities and people from different cultural backgrounds.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
Rio Tinto participates in E-Verify to confirm work authorization. Please visit http://www.uscis.gov/ for more information.