Work with a team of the best
With a global business, we offer diverse and rewarding careers. We are committed to Thiess being a company and a culture where great people can excel and where they are developed and supported to reach their highest potential. Join our team today. About the role
Mt Arthur South Coal Mine is located 12 km's South-west of Muswellbrook in the picturesque Hunter Valley, currently producing around 8.7 million tonnes of run of mine (ROM) coal per annum.
We are looking for experienced Production Operators who want a more flexible work life balance. Ideally, you will job share our current rotating lifestyle roster 5/4 4/5 5/5 12 hour dayshift and 10.50 hour nightshift which includes weekend work. However, if this isn't for you, in your cover letter please let us know what type of flexible working arrangement you can commit to.
Reporting to the OCE/Supervisor you will be highly motivated and work collaboratively towards delivering high-quality solutions and results.
The role will report to the OCE/Supervisor. You will need open cut experience and refined operating skills in plant including Liebherr 988, 996 9400 and 9350 excavators, CAT 793 and 789 Trucks, D10 and D11 dozers, 16M/24M Graders and other ancillary equipment. About you
What Thiess can do for you
- Initiative and a flexible approach to work
- Good communication skills with the willingness to be part of a high performance team
- Commitment to the highest safety, community and environmental standards
- Experience in operating large heavy plant in a mining environment
- Ability to work to directions and be self motivated
- Permanent full-time positions
- Even time, lifestyle rosters
- Production bonuses
- Thiess' commitment to training & development
- Salary sacrifice options - Novated leasing
- Range of corporate discounts including health insurance (Medibank), travel & retail products.
- Referral bonus program - earn $5k for a successful referral
We partner with our clients to deliver excellence in open cut and underground mining in Australia, Asia, Africa and the Americas. For more than 80 years, we've operated in diverse commodities, geologies, environments and cultures. Our team uses that insight to optimise solutions for each project and create lasting value for our clients and the communities we live and work in.
We recognise the value of an inclusive and diverse workplace through our vision of everyone matters always. We're focused on creating an inclusive environment to allow our people to bring their best self to work because they feel safe, included and empowered.
Visit our website to learn more - http://www.thiess.com How to apply
This role is an opportunity to take the next step in your career. With our culture of recognition, development, and a stimulating and satisfying work environment, there is no better time to join Thiess.
To apply for this role, please click the 'Apply' button or the link below.