With a global business, we offer diverse and rewarding careers. We are committed to Thiess being a company and a culture where great people can excel and where they are developed and supported to reach their highest potential. Join our team today.
About the role
In this role you will:
- Provide safety technical and system support for the Mining & Plant team
- Implement TCI safety Management System, processes and programs to ensure the conversation of people, property, environment and profits
- Establish risk assessment processes and ensure Risk Register is current, and socialized to staff
- Provide assistance and close out audit outcomes
- Develop and implement Safety Audit program for subcontractors
- Conduct regular audits of implementation of TCI SBO program
- Facilitate the investigations of significant incidents (class I and II ) to ensure investigations outcomes comply with procedure
- Review all investigation reports to ensure integrity of findings
- Ensure all incident data is entered onto Synergy and that incident action are closed out within the frame and Synergy data is accurate and up to date
- Ensure Hazard report data is entered onto Synergy and that incident actions are closed out within time frame
- Ensure all project Provide Information, signs, posters, barriers and other materials to warn of hazardous or potential hazardous work environments
- Collect statistics and understand what that information means, and assist the Project Coordinator Safety in reporting safety statistics
- Facilitate employee injury management and rehabilitation plans where required
- Monitor and implement project/ client specific program to ensure the conversation of people, property, environment and profits
- Bachelor/Diploma Degree in mining OHS and/or Environmental
- Minimum 3 years in Mining Industries in same position
- Demonstrate your understanding on OHS Management and environment management system
- Good knowledge in related to HSEQ theory and practical, familiar with and have good understanding on OHSAS 18001, ISO 45001-2018 Implementation SMKP, Auditor SMKP and ISO 9001:2008 and ISO 14001:2007
- Proficient in computer literacy, English Language, Government regulation relates Health & Safety and their implementation
- Computer literate
We partner with our clients to deliver excellence in open cut and underground mining in Australia, Asia, Africa and the Americas. For more than 80 years, we've operated in diverse commodities, geologies, environments and cultures. Our team uses that insight to optimise solutions for each project and create lasting value for our clients and the communities we live and work in.
We recognise the value of an inclusive and diverse workplace through our vision of everyone matters always. We're focused on creating an inclusive environment to allow our people to bring their best self to work because they feel safe, included and empowered.
Visit our website to learn more - http://www.thiess.com
How to apply
This role is an opportunity to take the next step in your career. With our culture of recognition, development, and a stimulating and satisfying work environment, there is no better time to join Thiess.
To apply for this role, please click the 'Apply' button or the link below.