With a global business, we offer diverse and rewarding careers. We are committed to Thiess being a company and a culture where great people can excel and where they are developed and supported to reach their highest potential. Join our team today.
About the role
The role as Specialist Training (HSE) is responsible to train & assess TCI employees in projects.
In this role, you will:
- Develop & review Training Package Health Safety & Environment
- To train & assess TCI employees within mining and construction projects in all aspects of basic principles and systems/procedures of TCI's safety regulation in order to achieve optimum safety best performance and maximum productivity with a high focus on safety and to ensure that TCI safety training requirements are being conducted in accordance with the TGS
- Ensure compliance to TCI HSE policies with all applicable health, safety and environmental laws, regulations and statutory obligations at all times
- Ensure compliance to government policies on safety by holding certificate for POP (Pengawas Operasional Pertama).
- Ensure that all equipment used for training activities is 'fit for purpose'
- Conduct risk assessment/ JSEA for all practical training tasks
- Actively promote safe work practices to all TCI employees and subcontractors
- Actively promote safe working practices on safety meeting
- Actively promote TCI safety program: AMANKAN!, JO, Kerja Bugar, TAHAN program, Hazard Report
- Ensure housekeeping of work area is managed to provide a safe and healthy environment at all times
- Ensure work environment is easily accessible at all times
- Provide feedback on problems or areas for improvement to Project Manager, Superintendents, Site training Coordinator and all relevant employees
- Actively promote TCI courses to key site personnel ensuring that purpose and content of training is understood
- Plan HSE training activities with minimal disruption to production activities in order that training facilities and resources are optimised
- Actively involved in maintain and monitor of training equipment used for training activities and provide report to superiors when noncompliance found
- Actively involved in update/review of HSE training package to ensure it relevant with current Thiess Governance System (TGS), relevance legislation, improvement from audit or investigation, and or customers need
- Develop health safety and environmental training packages, including instructor manuals, student workbooks/ handout and all necessary supporting learning resources.
- Conduct health safety and environmental assessment activities in accordance with TGS (Thiess Governance System) and relevant Australian competency standards
- Conduct health safety and environmental assessment activities using LAAMP system application
- Ensure all attained competencies are recorded in both hard and or soft copy
- Assist in the design of assessment material which is relevant to used competency standards
- Conduct training of trainer (ToT) and assessment for site safety trainer personnel
- Provide report and feedback of training activities to site supervision and training supervisors in order to keep the alignment systems between training & development and sites
- Provide accurate report based on training report participants data to T&D Admin training in order to assist in database improvement
- Provide result of HSE training to Site training Coordinator
- Minimum degree in diploma or relevant. Degree in formal health safety and environmental education will be an advantage.
- Certificate IV in Workplace Training
- POP (Pengawas Operasional Pertama) certificate
- Minimum of 3 years' experience within the mining and/or construction industry as a HSE trainer/safety officer/ member of rescue team
- Computer & English literacy
We partner with our clients to deliver excellence in open cut and underground mining in Australia, Asia, Africa and the Americas. For more than 80 years, we've operated in diverse commodities, geologies, environments and cultures. Our team uses that insight to optimise solutions for each project and create lasting value for our clients and the communities we live and work in.
We recognise the value of an inclusive and diverse workplace through our vision of everyone matters always. We're focused on creating an inclusive environment to allow our people to bring their best self to work because they feel safe, included and empowered.
Visit our website to learn more - http://www.thiess.com
How to apply
This role is an opportunity to take the next step in your career. With our culture of recognition, development, and a stimulating and satisfying work environment, there is no better time to join Thiess.
To apply for this role, please click the 'Apply' button or the link below.