With a global business, we offer diverse and rewarding careers. We are committed to Thiess being a company and a culture where great people can excel and where they are developed and supported to reach their highest potential. Join our team today. About the role
As an Engineer Cost Control you will provide financial records and reporting while promoting and maintaining a healthy and safe environment for everyone at work.
In this role you will:
- Assist the Senior Supervisor Commercial in managing the financial and cost control aspects for all project operations and implement the best system and procedures to ensure quality and accurate control including reporting
- Provide analytical support to the Senior Supervisor Commercial, Finance and Administration Superintendent/Manager, Project Manager, Operations Manager, and other managers as required
- Manage all aspects of day to day and monthly financial project requirements
- Control and review Infomine data processing to produce consistent, accurate, and timely manner completion
- Provide support for data request from client under discussion with Senior Supervisor Commercial
- Minimum Bachelor degree in Economic, Civil, Industrial or Mining Engineering with minimum 3 years in the mining or construction industry in similar role as Engineer Cost Control and minimum 3 years in site based with demonstrated project management, cost control and planning skills;
- Proficient in Ms Project, Ms Office, and Desktop Publishing Package; proficient in Resources Analysis; proficient in Cost Control utilizing software such as JDE or other ERP will be additional advantage
- Good leadership, independent and mature personality, self-motivated, results driven and good negotiation skills; high initiative; performance driven; good planning skill; good communication skills and proficient in written and spoken English.
We partner with our clients to deliver excellence in open cut and underground mining in Australia, Asia, Africa and the Americas. For more than 80 years, we've operated in diverse commodities, geologies, environments and cultures. Our team uses that insight to optimise solutions for each project and create lasting value for our clients and the communities we live and work in.
We recognise the value of an inclusive and diverse workplace through our vision of everyone matters always. We're focused on creating an inclusive environment to allow our people to bring their best self to work because they feel safe, included and empowered.
Visit our website to learn more - http://www.thiess.com How to apply
This role is an opportunity to take the next step in your career. With our culture of recognition, development, and a stimulating and satisfying work environment, there is no better time to join Thiess.
To apply for this role, please click the 'Apply' button or the link below.