Thiess is a global company, partnering with our clients to deliver excellence in open cut and underground mining in Australia, Asia, Africa, and now the Americas.
For more than 85-years, we've operated in diverse commodities, geologies, environments, and cultures. We use that insight to optimise mining solutions for each project, backed by our commitments to our people, clients, and communities where we live and work.
Today we employ almost 12,000 people across 26 projects. Our workforce has the skills, experience, and resourcefulness to realize opportunities, respond to project challenges and add value to clients' needs. Through our safety culture, repeatable processes, technology integration and more, our purpose is to create lasting value.
The USA is an important part of our future. We're pleased to be bringing our unique approach to the contract mining industry to the USA and North America. We are miners and only miners.
We're focused on creating an inclusive environment to allow our people to bring their best self to work because they feel safe, included, and empowered.
If you're interested in joining a learning organization with a focus on innovation and technology that create value for the mining industry, deliver excellence, and take pride in sustainable resource recovery, join our team!
Check out our current openings: http://www.thiess.com
Learn about our history: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1JKActFiWQ About the Role
Your main responsibilities as IT Service Engineer:
- Provide quality support services to Information and Communication Technology customers in order to exceed the expectations of the Thiess business and end users.
- Provide timely & quality support, investigation, response, feedback, escalation, assistance and resolution to incidents logged by the Thiess Helpdesk to Thiess & Business Unit Employees
- Maintain a high level of professionalism, integrity, interpersonal and communication skills and present a customer focused attitude in daily operations.
- Ensure all Incidents and work tasks are updated and maintained in a timely and informative manner to promote compliance and knowledge.
- Ensure all systems and network services are available when required by the business and are performing as expected.
- Daily management of Thiess Systems and associated hardware, along with diagnosing and resolving related support calls. Install and implement hardware and software on Local Area Networks and standalone workstations, providing initial customer instruction where necessary.
- Monitor developments in ICT technology and make recommendations to management on the adoption of appropriate new technologies
- Proactively review the services being provided to ensure they are fit for purpose, cost effective and performing adequately.
- Project management: define scope, identify risks, estimate costs / resources / time, do tracking /reporting, research, develop and test solution.
- Work safely at all times, ensuring the safety of oneself, others and the environment: carrying out an environmentally friendly disposal of all ICT hardware (e-waste), maintaining a work area clean and orderly, and contributing with energy saving initiatives.
- Report at weekly team meetings about the project activities and support tasks, considering support problems, training requirements and recommendations for the improvement of processes to the management.
- Tertiary qualifications in Information Technology.
- Experience working within a complex ICT server environment.
- Demonstrated experience in working with cloud applications.
- Demonstrated experience in the operation and technical support of PC's, associated peripherals, and software in a complex windows environment.
- Knowledge of: server technologies such as AD, Group Policy, Citrix; virtualisation technologies such as VMware; cloud platforms such as Azure; mobile device management platforms such as Intune; Knowledge of Anti-Virus/security practices.
- Experience in the provision of remote and onsite support in a previous environment with a complex, distributed site network.
- Experience with the creation of design, project documentation and process documentation.
- Experience with working in an environment that is tracked via an incident management tool.
- Strong time management skills and the ability to manage and prioritise day to day work in an independent manner.
- Firm knowledge of industry cabling standards and methods.
- Ability to communicate effectively to all levels of the organization.
- Ability to impart industry knowledge to internal staff members.
- Working knowledge of enterprise ICT environments.
- Knowledge of ITIL practices desirable.
- Working knowledge of common desktop software including MS Office365.
- Working knowledge of workstation hardware, peripheral devices, and networks.
- Ability to provide in-depth technical PC support and analysis.
If you are selected for a position in the United States, your employment will be contingent upon submission to and successful completion of a post-offer/pre-placement drug test (and alcohol screening/medical examination if required by the role) as well as pre-placement verification of the information and qualifications provided during the selection process.
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Thiess is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard for race, color, gender, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, military status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other protected group status. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures.
At Thiess we have a One HSE culture and want to ensure everyone is safe everyday: employees, families and society. We are committed to our employees' health and wellness including the prevention of illness. Although optional, we have a preference that all Thiess employees are vaccinated against COVID-19 and other serious illnesses.