Work with a team of the best
With a global business, we offer diverse and rewarding careers. We are committed to Thiess being a company and a culture where great people can excel and where they are developed and supported to reach their highest potential. Join our team today. About the role
As the next Field Service - Heavy Diesel Mechanic
to proudly represent our Maintenance Team, you will live for challenges and thrive on the variety of work available. Like all of us at Thiess, you're a passionate and energetic person, that appreciates responsibility, recognition and reward.
In this unique position, you'll have the chance to take on a range of field service work in a FIFO capacity; across numerous WA mining projects. If successful, you will be given the chance to showcase your skills in a company that values them, and actively looks to develop its people to achieve even more successful in their careers.
In this role, you will be:
- Performing the servicing, repair and maintenance of large-scale mobile mining and other equipment, in accordance with servicing, lubrication and maintenance system documentation
- Undertaking Maintenance, Diagnostics, Breakdowns, Services and Component Change-outs for Thiess / Fleet Co machinery
- Source technical information from relevant reference manuals, technical bulletins, OEM and computer-based systems
- Sound knowledge of Hitachi Excavators and CAT equipment
- Contribute to maximising equipment utilisation and the success of Thiess' Maintenance team
What Thiess can do for you
- A Certificate III in Heavy Diesel Fitting or equivalent
- A HR Driver's Licence
- High Risk Work Licences (i.e. LF, DG, RG, EWP)
- Significant post-trade experience working in Surface Mining or Heavy Earth Moving industry
- Sound experience in General Maintenance, Breakdowns, Component Change Outs and Servicing of Heavy Earth Moving Equipment
- A demonstrated commitment to safety
- Permanent full-time positions
- Even time, lifestyle rosters
- Full camp facilities provided
- Thiess' commitment to training & development
- Salary sacrifice options - Flights & novated leasing
- Range of corporate discounts including health insurance (Medibank), travel & retail products.
- Referral bonus program - earn $5k for a successful referral
We partner with our clients to deliver excellence in open cut and underground mining in Australia, Asia, Africa and the Americas. For more than 80 years, we've operated in diverse commodities, geologies, environments and cultures. Our team uses that insight to optimise solutions for each project and create lasting value for our clients and the communities we live and work in.
We recognise the value of an inclusive and diverse workplace through our vision of everyone matters always. We're focused on creating an inclusive environment to allow our people to bring their best self to work because they feel safe, included and empowered.
Visit our website to learn more - http://www.thiess.com How to apply
This role is an opportunity to take the next step in your career. With our culture of recognition, development, and a stimulating and satisfying work environment, there is no better time to join Thiess.
To apply for this role, please click the 'Apply' button or the link below.