Build a deeper capability
With a global business, we offer diverse and rewarding careers. We are committed to Thiess being a company and a culture where great people can excel and where they are developed and supported to reach their highest potential. Join our team today. About the role
As our next Geologist based at Mt Pleasant you will report to the Technical Services Manager and be responsible for all aspects of the geology function for our project. This role is offered on a 5/2 roster.
Key duties of the role include:
- Offer specialist advice to the Operations Department and the client to drive the delivery of the mine's performance targets and maximise the value of the resource
- Deliver the best practise geology services and support to the mine
- Monitoring coal quality as delivered to the customer and follow up on quality investigations.
- Ensure that the quality of coal mining plans and excavation methods are continually improved by reconciling plans, actual performance, and variations.
- Ongoing development of the geological production model.
- Conduct daily geological pit inspections to monitor coal quality standards throughout the pit.
- Provide geotechnical advice in conjunction with the geotechnical support engineer recommendations
- Demonstrate ongoing performance improvement
- Undertake resource reconciliations
To be successful in this role you will be able to demonstrate:
What Thiess can do for you
- A tertiary qualification in Geology and experience working as a Mine Geologist, preferably in coal.
- Experience using mine planning software (Vulcan and Deswik)
- In depth knowledge of Geological practises in the coal mining industry
- An understanding of exploration sampling, mining loss and dilution parameters, coal recovery and reconciliation
- Geotechnical experience considered beneficial
- Strong planning and problem-solving skills
- A high level of strategic thinking
- Strong leadership and talent development skills
- Thiess' commitment to ongoing training & development
- Health & wellbeing rewards program through AIA Vitality
- Salary continuance insurance
- Salary sacrifice options - Flights & novated leasing
- Range of corporate discounts including health insurance (Medibank), travel & retail products.
- Referral bonus program - earn $5k for a successful referral
We partner with our clients to deliver excellence in open cut and underground mining in Australia, Asia, Africa and the Americas. For more than 80 years, we've operated in diverse commodities, geologies, environments and cultures. Our team uses that insight to optimise solutions for each project and create lasting value for our clients and the communities we live and work in.
We recognise the value of an inclusive and diverse workplace through our vision of everyone matters always. We're focused on creating an inclusive environment to allow our people to bring their best self to work because they feel safe, included and empowered.
Visit our website to learn more - http://www.thiess.com How to apply
This role is an opportunity to take the next step in your career. With our culture of recognition, development, and a stimulating and satisfying work environment, there is no better time to join Thiess.
To apply for this role, please click the 'Apply' button or the link below.