is a leading international mining company with headquarters in Phoenix, Arizona. We operate large, long-lived, geographically diverse assets with significant proven and probable reserves of copper, gold, and molybdenum. The company has a dynamic portfolio of operating, expansion and growth projects in the copper industry. Freeport-McMoRan is one of the world's largest publicly traded copper producers, the world's largest producer of molybdenum and a significant gold producer. We have a long and successful history of conducting our business in a safe, highly efficient and socially-responsible manner.
We have the assets, the talent, the drive and the financial strength to provide attractive and rewarding careers of our employees. We encourage you to take the time to explore the opportunity to advance your career at Freeport-McMoRan.
This position will monitor equipment at the site using real-time technology to collect and analyze data with the goal of achieving higher equipment availability and lower maintenance costs. This position will also assist in operator education. As a member of the Remote Access Monitoring Process (RAMP) team, this person will assist in the development of advanced diagnostic tools.
- Collecting and analyzing data using various predictive technologies
- Making recommendations to maintenance personnel
- Completing and submitting work orders as necessary
- Assisting with on-site training for operations and maintenance employees
- Assisting in the development and testing of new remote access monitoring technology
- Performing other duties as required
Qualifications Minimum Qualifications
- Four (4) years of experience in a mechanical field
- Working knowledge and understanding of basic mechanical principles (e.g., hydraulic, pneumatic, fluid mechanical systems)
- Proficient computer skills in a Windows environment (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written
- High School Diploma or GED
- Maintain communication amongst the team members and keep all RAMP Techs up to date on relevant information
- Collaborate with the corporate Enterprise Product Management (EPM)
- Centralize communication with different groups from the division and keep track of generated work orders (Maintenance, Electrical and Operations)
- Implement Process Automation Change Managements (PACMs) to commission equipment monitoring instrumentation or create operational changes
- Ensure adequate functioning of the Equipment Monitoring Software (Honeywell Uniformance Asset Sentinel and OSI Soft PI)
- Collaborate with Reliability Engineering in Root Cause Failure Analysis and document findings
- Ideate and carry out process improvement methods to better the RAMP Process and its outcome
The Straight days RAMP Technician is responsible for specific duties apart from the RAMP Technicians who work shift schedule.
Freeport-McMoRan has reviewed the jobs at its various office and operating sites and determined that many of these jobs require employees to perform essential job functions that pose a direct threat to the safety or health of the employees performing these tasks or others. Accordingly, the Company has designated the following positions as safety-sensitive:
- Site-based positions, or positions which require unescorted access to site-based operational areas, which are held by employees who are required to receive MSHA, OSHA, DOT, HAZWOPER and/or Hazard Recognition Training; or
- Positions which are held by employees who operate equipment, machinery or motor vehicles in furtherance of performing the essential functions of their job duties, including operating motor vehicles while on Company business or travel (for this purpose "motor vehicles" includes Company owned or leased motor vehicles and personal motor vehicles used by employees in furtherance of Company business or while on Company travel); or
- Positions which Freeport-McMoRan has designated as safety sensitive positions in the applicable job or position description and which upon further review continue to be designated as safety-sensitive based on an individualized assessment of the actual duties performed by a specifically identified employee.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veteran/DisabilityNearest Major Market:
Safford Job Segment:
Hydraulics, Technician, Electrical, Engineer, Instrumentation, Engineering, Technology