angle-right Job no:
587683 Work type:
Full Time - Permanent Location:
Downer has been designing, building and sustaining New Zealand's infrastructure for over a century and is a leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand.
With over 10,000 employees in New Zealand, we work alongside some of New Zealand's biggest businesses, councils and government agencies.
Downer New Zealand is a leading provider of integrated services. Our commitment to building long-term relationships and supporting our customers with high calibre services and solutions; the talents of our people; and consistent excellence in operational delivery sets us apart.
Downer maintains longstanding contracts and significant operations to over a quarter of New Zealanders. We are proud to be working on long-term water maintenance contracts across the Auckland Region.A bit about your role:
Based in Albany but covering the wider Auckland region, Downer NZ has multiple opportunities for Drainage/ Wastewater Servicepersons to join their team supporting our Watercare + other wastewater contracts. The positions are available for either experienced water servicepersons or alternatively, candidates with a good understanding of the water or drainage industry, are keen to work, and enjoy using your practical skills ideally with relevant hands-on, mechanical, or trade qualifications and/or experience.A bit about you:
To be successful in this role you will need to have a can-do attitude, be adaptable and flexible in your work approach with attention to detail, and strong customer service focus.
What we offer:
- A full driver's licence and class 2 licence would be preferred but not essential
- Underground services (water or drainage) maintenance experience
- Knowledge of water and wastewater treatment systems preferred not essential
- An interest in the operation of water and drainage treatment & reticulation
- Strong communication skills
- Uses initiative (able to solve problem as they occur without reference to Manager)
- Self-motivated, energetic, proactive and results-orientated
- Strong focus on Health and Safety
- A great attitude, willing to learn new skills and build a stable, safe career!
- Full on the job training!
- An absolute focus on working safely
- Permanent, full-time position
- Competitive remuneration
- Excellent career opportunities within the industry
- A comprehensive employee benefits package
A role with Downer Water can advance your career and expand your skills. We offer you the opportunity to join our diverse and inclusive culture, and be part of a great team, working in a collaborative environment. We provide comprehensive training to meet the stringent criteria of our industry, a competitive remuneration package reflective of your skills and experience, and all the tools of trade you need to do your job.If this sounds like the opportunity for you, head to www.downercareers.co.nz and enter reference number 587683 to apply.
Downer NZ is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive culture.
Our workplaces are drug and alcohol free - all successful applicants will be required to undertake a pre-employment drug test and medical.
Due to the fast-paced nature of Downer, our vacancy close dates may be subject to change, so don't delay and make sure you apply as soon as possible. Advertised:
13 May 2022 New Zealand Standard Time Applications close:
10 Jun 2022 New Zealand Standard Time