angle-right Job no:
591065 Work type:
Full Time - Permanent Location:
Leadership, Maintenance, Operations/Production, Construction
Downer has been designing, building and sustaining New Zealand's infrastructure for over a century and is a leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand.
With over 10,000 employees in New Zealand, we work alongside some of New Zealand's biggest businesses, councils and government agencies.
The Downer Transport, WDC (Whangarei District Council) Maintenance Contract team is looking for a skilled and confident people leader to join as an Operations Supervisor
. In a nutshell, you will oversee maintenance delivery teams, drive operational performance and quality, whilst optimizing resources and maintaining a zero-harm focus, training and development of field staff and being a central part of developing and growing the team.About the role
Based from our Port Rd, Whangarei depot, you will ultimately provide support and guidance to your operational field crew, ensuring that any issues are contained, resolved and practical solutions are implemented. You will encourage collaboration, enthusiasm and excellent service delivery. The role is diverse with the main responsibilities being:
- Managing a range of work including developing maintenance solutions and work programs. Pricing, planning, and developing successful relationships with client representatives
- Supervision of maintenance delivery teams including staff and subcontractors.
- Development and delivery of maintenance programmes that achieve maximum value for the client and for the company with a view to long term sustainability and good client relationships.
- Setting and monitoring performance targets for delivery teams to ensure accurate, timely, cost efficient and quality delivery of physical works and claim information.
- Leading by example with regards to health & safety guidelines and procedures, ensuring understanding & compliance
- Developing and mentoring personnel to create career pathways and succession planning to future-proof the operation.
You will be a confident leader with supervisory or leadership experience in Civil Construction, Maintenance or related trades. You will have be able to take initiative, have the ability to adapt to change and be a master problem solver as changes can (and often do) occur in this environment. You'll bring:
- Strong forward planning and programming skills
- The ability to influence, empower people
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to adapt your style to maintain relationships at all levels
- Sound financial acumen, Analytical and Computer (database management) skills
- Demonstrated experience working on tight deadlines and within budgets
- Experience in leading multiple teams, with a proven ability to influence with demonstrated leadership behaviours that empower others.
- Demonstrated ability to drive projects to achieve targeted outcomes.
- The ability to achieve collaborative solutions through excellent interpersonal skills
- Familiarity with RAMM and PRAMM (advantageous)
Benefits of joining our team:
This is an established role with scope to make it your own. We are focused on creating a vibrant community of belonging that pursues diversity, builds inclusion, and creates more equitable opportunities for everyone. We can offer:
- A competitive salary package plus a company vehicle
- An environment that supports flexible working
- An employee recognition programme which celebrates and recognises our people for the value they bring
- A dedicated personal development plan and over 50 Training Programs including Leadership Pathways (we are big on internal progression - which is the reason for this vacancy!)
- We also encourage our people to participate in community volunteering initiatives and pay for the time you spend helping to make our community better with Downer's volunteer leave.
- A comprehensive employee benefits package through our partners - you will receive a great range of corporate discounts and benefits across banking, insurance, retailers, technology, vehicles, automotive, healthcare, childcare, homeware, dental care, travel, accommodation, gym memberships and more!