South32 is a globally diversified mining and metals company. Our purpose is to make a difference by developing natural resources, improving people's lives now and for generations to come. We are trusted by our owners and partners to realise the potential of their resources. We produce bauxite, alumina, aluminium, metallurgical coal, manganese, nickel, silver, lead and zinc at our operations in Australia, Southern Africa and South America. With a focus on growing our base metals exposure, we also have two development options in North America and several partnerships with junior explorers around the world.
Following the acquisition of Arizona Mining, South32 is the new owner of the Hermosa Project, a high-grade zinc, lead and silver development option in Arizona.
South32's purpose is to make a difference by developing natural resources, improving people's lives now and for generations to come. We work closely with their host communities to create enduring social and economic value through local employment, infrastructure and facilities development and community investment programs.
The location of this role is the Hermosa Project site near Patagonia, Arizona The Role
The successful candidate will perform work in support of project and exploration geology activities while ensuring strict adherence to safety standards at the project site. Accountabilities
(Include but are not limited to) :
Qualifications, Skills, and Expertise:
- Performs work in support of the collection, processing, storage, and cataloguing of geological samples, ensuring consistency and quality control
- Participates in mandatory and necessary training as required
- Maintains acute and continuous awareness of site bulletins and environment such as road conditions, activities, and restrictions, and takes proactive steps to ensure the safety of all employees, contractors, and vendors in accordance with HSS program standards
- Advises Supervisor of any work being performed involving movement of containers or heavy equipment, and any unsafe conditions
- Collaborates with project and exploration geology teams in the acquisition of geological data
- Participates in professional development activities
- Participates in regular one-on-one review meetings with supervisor(s)
- Attends and participates in all relevant site meetings
- Interacts with vendors for the delivery of equipment and materials and collection of geological samples for processing
- Maintains regulatory compliance for all field and site-based activities as directed by the environmental team
- Reports on the status of all team projects and activities on a timely and regular basis
- High School Diploma preferred
- Must have a valid driver's license and the ability to be covered under company insurance
- High standards of professional and ethical conduct
- Ability to work under pressure, maintain composure, set priorities, and work with a myriad of personalities and diverse work cultures
- English language written and oral communication skills; Spanish language communication skills will be an advantage
At South32, our people are fundamental to our success. We're focused on creating an inclusive workplace, with the right people in the right roles, who are engaged, empowered and appropriately rewarded.
We aspire to be an inclusive organization, where our workforce reflects the broader demographic of the countries and communities where we operate.South32 embraces diversity and encourages applications from people of all backgrounds.Nearest Major Market: