Women in Maintenance Planning and Scheduling - Transition to Mining Operations
About the role
- Incredible opportunity to join the mining industry - no previous mining experience needed, full training provided
- Personalised program to support your transition and ensure your success
- FIFO from Perth, working a great lifestyle roster with every weekend off, flexible work arrangements available
Are you ready for a change and would like to grow your career in the mining industry? Now is your time. We have opportunities available to women experienced in planning or scheduling, with no experience in mining operations, to join our teams at our Pilbara operations as a Maintenance Scheduler or Maintenance Planner. These important roles are essential to the success of our mining operations as you'll need to schedule and plan critical maintenance work on our mine sites.
Bring your commitment to making sure you keep yourself and your colleagues safe, strong computer literacy and great ability to communicate and work with other people and we'll connect you the best opportunity for you to succeed and progress your career. We are an open, connected global leader that includes some of the industry's best and brightest minds. With a global reach, the opportunities to develop and grow your career are broad and exciting.
We aspire to be representative of the communities in which we operate, and we are passionate about creating an environment that's inclusive and supportive. We know we have work to do, and with your skills and experience you can help us on our journey to become a better Rio Tinto.
You'll start in a transition program that has been thoughtfully designed to support your move into mining. You'll bring your skills to learning and development sessions that are focused on how a mining operation works, working safely on site and all the other technical aspects of the role. During the program you'll shadow a peer on site and have a mentor who will coach and support you as you learn the industry.
You'll be based at one of our Mining Operations in the Pilbara flying from Perth. You'll work 9-day fortnight with every weekend off, staying at the camp facilities during your rostered time on and you'll have more time for downtime for the things that are important to you during your rostered time off.What we offer
Be recognised for your contribution, your thinking and your hard work, and go home knowing you've helped the world progress.
About Rio Tinto
- A work environment where safety is always the number one priority
- A permanent position working directly for Rio Tinto
- A competitive base salary reflective of your skills and experience with annual incentive program
- Comprehensive medical benefits including subsidised private health insurance for employees and immediate family"¯ "¯ "¯ "¯ "¯ "¯ "¯ "¯
- Attractive share ownership plan
- Company provided insurance cover
- Extensive salary sacrifice & salary packaging options
- Career development & education assistance to further your technical or leadership ambitions
- Ongoing access to"¯family-friendly health and medical wellbeing"¯support
- Leave for all of life's reasons (vacation/annual, paid parental, sick leave)
- Exclusive employee discounts (banking, accommodation, cars, retail and more)
- Possible domestic relocation assistance
Every idea, every innovation, every little thing the world calls 'progress' begins with
a first step, and someone willing to take it: explorers, inventors, entrepreneurs."¯Pioneers."¯
For nearly 150 years, Rio Tinto has been a company of pioneers generations of people spanning the globe, all with the grit and vision to produce materials essential to human progress."¯
Our iron ore has shaped skylines from Shanghai to Sydney. Our aluminium the world's first to be certified "responsible" helps planes fly and makes cars lighter. Our copper helps wind turbines power cities and our boron helps feed the world, and explore the universe.
Our diamonds help us celebrate the best parts of life."¯ Where you'll be working
In the Pilbara region of Western Australia, we own an integrated portfolio of iron ore assets: a world-class, integrated network of 17 mines, four independent port terminals, a rail network spanning nearly 2,000 kilometres and related infrastructure all designed to respond rapidly to changes in demand.
We are one of the world's leading producers and exporters of iron ore. Every Voice Matters
At Rio Tinto, we particularly welcome and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, the gender and sexually diverse, mature workers, people with disabilities and people from different cultural backgrounds.
We are committed to an inclusive environment where people feel comfortable to be themselves. We want our people to feel that all voices are heard, all cultures respected and that a variety of perspectives are not only welcome they are essential to our success. We treat each other fairly and with dignity regardless of race, gender, nationality, ethnic origin, religion, age, sexual orientation or anything else that makes us different.
Applications close on 25th of May 2022 (Rio Tinto reserves the right to removeadvertised roles prior to this date).