Senior Project Planner (Construction/Civil Works)
About the roleAll progress begins with pioneers. At Rio Tinto, it begins with you.
- Be part of a group that is safety driven and values inclusion and diversity
- Join an encouraging leadership group, committed to your growth and development
- Perth based with flexible working arrangements available and opportunity to work remotely
- Regular site travel supporting our Iron Ore business stakeholders
We are looking for a motivated, safety conscious Senior Project Planner
to provide effective planning and project implementation to enable the delivery of capital works projects in a safe and cost-effective manner across our Iron Ore business infrastructure.
The scope of work you will be accountable for is challenging and diverse. Your demonstrated ability to engage, connect and positively influence key stakeholders at all organizational levels will play a critical part to the effectiveness in this role.
This is a great opportunity for an experienced project planner with large scale construction knowledge, coupled with fantastic stakeholder engagement experience to progress their career in project management.
Reporting to the Superintendent Project Services and working in a challenging and exciting environment within our Sustaining Capital team, you will bring:
What we offer
- A proactive approach with a strong commitment in driving a safe working culture
- Project planning experience within a mining construction, infrastructure and / or civil works environment
- Excellent stakeholder engagement, presentation & negotiation skills, with demonstrated ability in influencing others
- Contractor Management experience
- Strong working knowledge of Primavera and Microsoft Project
- Demonstrated complex problem-solving abilities to deliver solutions across an operation
- The ability to define and implement project improvement initiatives to maximise efficiency
- A current manual WA Driver's license
Where you'll be working
- A work environment where safety is always the number one priority
- A permanent position working directly for Rio Tinto
- A competitive base salary reflective of your skills and experience with Annual incentive program
- Comprehensive medical benefits including subsidised private health insurance for employees and immediate family
- Attractive share ownership plan
- Company provided insurance cover
- Extensive salary sacrifice and salary packaging options
- Career development and education assistance to further your technical or leadership ambitions
- Ongoing access to family-friendly health and medical wellbeing support
- Leave for all of life's reasons (vacation/annual, paid parental, sick leave)
- Exclusive employee discounts (banking, accommodation, cars, retail and more)
In the Pilbara region of Western Australia, we own an integrated portfolio of iron ore assets: a world-class, integrated network of 16 mines, four independent port terminals, a 1,700 kilometre rail network and related infrastructure all designed to respond rapidly to changes in demand.
We are one of the world's leading producers and exporters of iron ore.Are you ready to be part of something great? Apply now!Applications close on the 27th May 2022 (Rio Tinto reserves the right to remove advertised roles prior to this date)About Rio Tinto
Every idea, every innovation, every little thing the world calls 'progress' begins with
a first step, and someone willing to take it: explorers, inventors, entrepreneurs. Pioneers.
For nearly 150 years, Rio Tinto has been a company of pioneers generations of people spanning the globe, all with the grit and vision to produce materials essential to human progress.
Our iron ore has shaped skylines from Shanghai to Sydney. Our aluminium the world's first to be certified "responsible" helps planes fly and makes cars lighter. Our copper helps wind turbines power cities and our boron helps feed the world, and explore the universe.
Our diamonds help us celebrate the best parts of life. Every Voice Matters
At Rio Tinto, we particularly welcome and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, women, the LGBTI+ community, mature workers, people with disabilities and people from different cultural backgrounds.
We are committed to an inclusive environment where people feel comfortable to be themselves. We want our people to feel that all voices are heard, all cultures respected and that a variety of perspectives are not only welcome they are essential to our success. We treat each other fairly and with dignity regardless of race, gender, nationality, ethnic origin, religion, age, sexual orientation or anything else that makes us different.