Environmental Systems Engineer
Location: Columbus, MT POSITION SUMMARY:
The Environmental Systems Engineer is a seasoned professional, with environmental and systems experience, who will serve as Sibanye-Stillwater's environmental management system (EMS) expert and ensure alignment of the various EMS components across the US PGM Segment. The position involves organizing, communicating, and verifying systems-based environmental management across all of Sibanye-Stillwater's US PGM operating sites to achieve continuous improvement and maintain conformance with international Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) standards. ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Assists Environmental leadership team with development and maintenance of the US Region EMS.
- Audits EMS conformance with ISO 14001/ICMM/IRMA standards.
- Develops and directs modernization/technology solutions for EMS efficiency.
- Assists with corporate ESG reporting and stakeholder engagement tracking.
- Manages ESG projects/studies. Participates in developing Group and Site ESG objectives.
- Develops and supports EMS and ESG reporting tools (dashboards, spreadsheets, software) in consultation with site environmental teams
- Trains and coaches Environmental staff in the use of databases, dashboards, recordkeeping tools, software platforms, and protocols for EMS documentation.
- Coaches site leadership teams in their EMS responsibilities and participates in leadership EMS reviews.
- Manages EMS software solution contracts.
- Coordinates miscellaneous corporate ESG information requests.
- BS, MS, or Technical Degree in environmental or engineering fields and 5 years environmental management or systems experience within the mining or related industry.
- Systems-based work philosophy; direct experience building or managing an EMS preferred.
- Strong leadership qualities: character, teamwork, communication, business sense, and vision.
- Proficient in computer skills including Microsoft Office, SharePoint, and database applications.
- Specific experience with EMS, ISO 14001, and ICMM a plus.