Mission for this Position About Us
At Baffinland, we work and live beyond the Arctic Circle, mining iron ore at our Mary River Property, located in the Qikiqtani Region of Nunavut on Baffin Island; one of the world's most captivating and seldom seen destinations. We are a unique company with a strong management who have amassed specialty experience on northern mining projects through all phases of Inuit consultation, permitting, construction and operation. Our workforce brings together the modern practice of safe, sustainable mining and the enduring value of a traditional culture, which is rapidly advancing. The result is a work and community experience you won't find anywhere else. We are looking for people ready to share, build, and grow with our company.
Reporting to the Ferrous Exploration Manager, the Drilling Coordinator will provide technical and logistical support for drilling . This includes co-ordinating with various BIM departments (e.g. Mine-Operations, Site Services) and contractors in the preparation of drill pads, road construction and earth works in support of current and future drill programs. Assist and execute on site infrastructure improvements to facilitate ramp-up in drill program. General camp duties as required. Good communication ability, and ensuring safe work practices at all times and in all aspects of the work throughout the field season are essential. Main Accountabilities
• Follow and adhere to Baffinland's Environmental, Health and Safety Policies and Standards at all times
• Provide advice and guidance to BIM and contractor management relating to all aspects of diamond drilling activities
• Co-ordinate and ensure timely preparation of drill pads, roads and earthworks for drill program.
• Co-ordinate and ensure completion of infrastructure improvements as defined by BIM Exploration.
• Daily inspection and monitoring of drilling operations.
• Daily communication with Ferrous Project Geologists and contractors.
• General camp duties as required Main Qualifications
- High school diploma required
- Experience with diamond drilling in permafrost, remote camp settings.
- Planning and supervision of infrastructure construction for drilling.
- At least 7 years in a supervisory roll.
- Ability to multi-task and work with multiple departments.