This is a entry-level geology position reporting to the Supervisor, Exploration. We are looking for motivated and exploration-focused individuals to join the Centerra Gold Exploration team. The Successful candidate will be provided on-job training.
Location: Mount Milligan, BC, Canada
Position Type: Fixed Term
Application Deadline: May 23, 2022 DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES
- Quick-log core very morning
- Detailed core logging as described in core logging SWPs
- Laying out core samples
- Plotting holes on cross section
- Interpretations and summary following completion of each drill hole, including data QA/QC
- Staking drillhole collar and back sites
- Lining up drill at start of hole and shutting down drill
- Final collar surveys following drillhole completion
- Help with other tasks as needed, including structural logging, flagging trails, and moving core
- Conduct daily drill site and weekly workplace inspections as required
- Bachelor of science degree in geology-related field.
- Ability to work outdoors when required
- Able to work from Mount Milligan lodging on a rotational basis
- Possession of driver's license preferred
- Conducting work in a manner promoting safety to themselves and others
- Wearing appropriate PPE for each duty and adhering to all Safe Work Procedures
- Consent to pre-employment drug and alcohol screening
- The regular schedule for this position is 40 hours weekly; 2 weeks on, 2 weeks off (12-hour days) .
23-MAY-2022 Additional Qualifications Education
- Bachelor of science degree in geology-related field is required
If you are looking for an exciting opportunity and to build a career in an innovative and dynamic organization, submit your resume by clicking on Apply Now below.