Are you an Experienced Underground Operations professional looking for a challenging and exciting career? We may have the perfect job opportunity for you!
Our people division is growing, and we are looking for an Underground Frontline Supervisor at our Rita K operations. As part of the Underground Operations team, the ideal candidate will d evelop and train employees to standards for safe and efficient equipment operation .
At Nevada Gold Mines we are committed to a safe work environment sending every person home safe and healthy every day and leaving a sustainable legacy on our host communities. We offer a generous benefits package which includes a competitive medical, dental, and vision plan with national provider networks, a 401k retirement plan with employer contribution, paid time off, company-sponsored medical clinics, company match share purchase program, and much more! Responsibilities:
- Prioritize and assign personnel as jobs required
- Coordinate with maintenance to ensure equipment preforms as desired
- Coordinate with engineering to ensure compliance with mine plans
- Develop and train employees to standards for safe and efficient equipment operation
- Preform other duties as assigned
What We Can Offer You
- Minimum of six (6) years of underground mine related experience required
- Minimum of three (3) years' experience at a supervisory level required
- Proven knowledge of underground hard rock mining required
- Experience in an environment involving planning/scheduling of maintenance work preferred
- Excellent communication skills with ability to supervise and direct underground supervision required
- Excellent safety and performance record required
About Nevada Gold Mines
- A comprehensive compensation package including bonuses benefits, and stock purchase plans where applicable
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a multifaceted, collaborative, progressive, and hard-working team
- Opportunities to grow and learn with the industry colleagues are endless
- Access to a variety of career opportunities across Nevada Gold Mine locations
- Nevada Gold Mines is committed to crafting a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer
Nevada Gold Mines is a joint venture between Barrick Gold Corporation (61.5%) and Newmont Goldcorp Corporation (38.5%), combining their significant assets across Nevada to create the single largest gold-producing complex in the world and realize the full potential of these mines through synergies and best-in-class operational improvements.
The massive mining operation comprises 8 mines along with their associated infrastructure and processing facilities that produced an estimated 4 million ounces of gold in 2018. Three of these assets are Tier One gold mines: Barrick's Cortez; the combination of Barrick's Goldstrike and Newmont Goldcorp's Carlin; and the combination of Barrick's Turquoise Ridge and Newmont Goldcorp's Twin Creeks. In addition, Barrick's Goldrush-Fourmile project has the potential to become the fourth Tier One asset in this portfolio. The new JV is expected to generate around $5 billion in cost savings over the next five years. Nevada Gold Mines is operated by Barrick.
Thank you for your application, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted