About Barrick & Hemlo
Barrick is the gold industry leader with a vision of wealth generation through responsible mining; wealth for our owners, our people, and the countries and communities with which we partner. Our objective is to maintain and grow industry-leading margins, driven by innovation and our digital transformation; managing our portfolio and allocating capital with discipline and rigor; and leveraging our distinctive partnership culture as a competitive advantage. We aim to cultivate a high-performance culture defined by the following principles: a deep commitment to partnership, consistent execution, operational excellence, disciplined capital allocation, and continual self-improvement. We are obsessed with talent and seek out fresh perspectives and challenging ourselves to think differently as we transform Barrick into a leading 21st century company. Situated near the beautiful shores of Lake Superior in northwestern Ontario, 350 km east of Thunder Bay, we have an underground residential mine site. This rugged and beautiful area is an outdoor paradise - home to dozens of species of birds and animals as well as moose, black bear and deer. If you enjoy outdoor activities including enjoying lake country/cottages, camping, boating, beaches, golf, downhill skiing, hiking, hunting, and fishing, as well as sledding, snowshoeing, x-country skiing in the winter; you'll want to explore opportunities at Barrick-Hemlo. With two communities in close proximity, both Marathon and Manitouwadge have all the amenities you'll require and is regarded as a wonderful place to raise a family, with affordable costs of living and a terrific quality of life. Position Description:
The Planning Superintendent will lead a team focused on producing short-medium-long term mine plans of consistently high-quality and completeness, which are available in a timely manner, and which are optimized and practical to support safe and efficient mining operations. The Planning Superintendent will take a leadership role in communicating with and working collaboratively and effectively with all technical, operational, logistical, administrative and financial disciplines across the business. The Planning Superintendent must incorporate the highest standards of Environmental and Safety performance in all decisions he makes. The incumbent must ensure that technical projects are planned, designed, implemented, communicated and tracked in order to deliver project work of a high professional standard that meet the requirements of the business and is delivered on time and on budget. Responsibilities:
- Work in a collaborative and productive manner with stakeholders across the Hemlo business and in Barrick corporate.
- Structure and develop a planning team which is technically capable, engaged, effective, and efficient.
- Review plans to ensure that they are accurate, optimized, and practical.
- Evaluate and monitor costs and schedules and make recommendations for cost savings and opportunities to bring the project deliverables ahead of schedule
- Maintain all contracts, AFE and purchase orders required.
- Ensure that critical paths of projects are completed timely by working closely with subcontractors, consultants, and vendors
- Making strategic decisions through analysis, business case development, modelling and impactful communication
- Responds to a variety of internal and/or external requests, which will require advanced problem-solving approach
- Perform quality control duties and responsibilities regarding the work being performed
- Inspect all areas regularly to monitor activities and assist in future planning
- Periodically review fundamental goals/justification/assumptions to ensure ongoing validity of the planning cycle in an evolving business environment.
- Aim to have a robust system and department in place with established personnel in the key roles, appropriate written procedures, and with a succession plan, within 12 to 18 months.
- 8-10 years of Mining Engineering experience.
- Demonstrated understanding of engineering theories and principles.
- Strong presentation, oratory, and verbal skills.
- Able to communicate ideas and recommendations to team members in a clear manner.
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing with all levels of the organization, including executives.
- Strong problem identification and problem resolution skills.
- Able to create alternative solutions to problems.
- Excellent time management and project management skills.
- High level of sound and independent judgment and reasoning.
- Ability to interpret and implement company policies and procedures.
- Effective leadership skills required.
Thank you for your application, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.