At First Quantum, we free the talent of our people by taking a very different approach which is underpinned by a very different, very definite culture - the "First Quantum Way".
Working with us is not like working anywhere else, which is why we recruit people who will take a bolder, smarter approach to spot opportunities, solve problems and deliver results.
Our culture is all about encouraging you to think independently and to challenge convention to deliver the best result. That's how we continue to achieve extraordinary things in extraordinary locations. Job description:
General Role Purpose (brief description of this job)
Provides leadership, direction, and coordination in the, implementation, and improvement of the PM maintenance function with primary focus on execution of the daily, weekly, monthly and major repair schedules.
Qualifications (required for job) & Knowledge & Experience
- Civil or Mechanical Engineering degree or or industry certifications.
- 5 + years related experience
- 2 years' experience of leading a team.
- Experience in the diagnostic and repair of any of the following equipment highly regarded: Liebherr; Komatsu; CAT and other heavy duty mining equipment.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong ability to work in a "team" environment.
- Ability to maintain self-discipline within a stressful environment.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment
- Strong understanding and capability in relation to positive safety culture, practical application of risk assessment, hazard identification/controls and incident management/reporting.
- A proven ability to coach and mentor team members
Core Specific Responsibilities & Expected Deliverables
- Ensure that all planned maintenance activities are properly executed in a safe and efficient manner.
- Conduct pre-shift inspection of the work site and monthly Planned General Inspections
- Participate in the formulation of the maintenance plans.
- Liaise with the leadership team on performance issues.
- Coordinate and support inspections, preventative maintenance, trouble shooting, and repair of mobile assets.
- Support infrastructure, process and systems in accordance with maintenance methodologies.
- Assist with the Supervision of contract personnel to ensure completed work in carried out safely, efficiently and effectively.
- Accountable for carrying out all duties in a manner that will minimise risk and maintain a safe working environment for all personnel within area of influence including contractors.
- Managing & reporting of the parts availability.
- Prioritise workload as per equipment priority and production requirements.
- Carry out technical training and offer advice to our local maintenance staff.
- Carryout site assessments and report poor mining practices to the Mine Operations teams.
- Control, report and reduce operational costs, and ensure cost consideration taken with all decisions.
- Ensure all work is captured in JD Edwards and ensure technical failure reports are compiled and communicated to foster a continuous improvement maintenance environment.
- Work closely with Planners and contribute to preventative maintenance and continuous improvement going forward.
- To provide any continuous improvement suggestions and to always operate in a cost-effective manner Perform any other related duties as required by the Supervisor.
Behavioural Traits / Personal Characteristics
- Bolder: Flexible, versatile, and prepared to take on challenges as needed.
- Smarter: always looks for efficiencies and better ways of doing things
- Driven: Sets high standards, is motivated and determined.
- Together: communicates well with peers and understand others views.
Cobre Panama is a remote site. This exciting position is based on-site and will be focusing on driving and delivering operational accountability and ownership across various units at Cobre Panama site. Rosters and working hours may vary depending on business requirements.
- Comply with current environmental regulations in Panama
- Comply with the commitments contained in the Environmental Impact Studies and other additional studies in this regard, which apply to your area and activities.
- Comply with the provisions of the Minera Panama Environmental Management System.
Visit our website and register for instant job alerts at careers.first-quantum.com
Follow us for the latest news at LinkedIn
If you are already a First Quantum employee and have access to the First Quantum network, log into First Quantum MINE > Careers to apply internally for this opportunity.
If you are an employee without network access, contact your Site Recruiter.