Newcrest is one of the world's largest gold mining companies. As a global business, they aim to create a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone feels safe, valued, and supported to bring their whole unique self to work. At Newcrest, they hold core values that focus on caring about people, working together, and achieving a high-performance culture through innovation and problem solving. The role will have responsibility to:
- Lead in upholding the safety of self, team members and others through engagement.
- Drive and influences proactive safety behaviours within the team and others in engagement.
- Ensure all personnel, visitors and contractors comply with site and contractual HSE and security requirements.
- Plan work so that it can be conducted safely and considers environmental conditions, nearby activities, and the people and other resources needed to complete the work
- Manage and coordinate Airport Operations to mitigate safety and security risk that may impact on product and production.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable laws and relevant industry standards of practice.
- Ensure continuous evaluation of the HSE and security aspects of equipment and services.
- Ensure continuous improvement of HSE and security management practices.
- 5+ years relevant work experience in a leading Airport Operations role in a small to large-scale mining operation is essential.
- Tertiary qualification will be an advantage
- Tertiary qualification or equivalent to Airport Operations or related field essential.
- Specialised certification in Airport work desirable.
- PNG National Drivers License essential.
- Certificate in Workplace Assessment and Training or similar desirable.
- Must be open to FIFO in PNG.
- Ability to successfully complete a pre-employment medical assessment.
- Must have proof of a completed Police Clearance within the last six months
- Proficient in English with excellent verbal, written communication, and public speaking skills.
- Computer proficiency in MS Office suite.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work under pressure and autonomously.
- Excellent attention to detail and time management skills to meet deadlines.
- Strong active listening & interpersonal skills for rapport building, conflict resolution & training
- High attention to detail with good time management skills.
Newcrest's commitment to diversity and inclusion respects both the rights of every individual to work to their highest potential, free of discrimination, as well as the cultures, religions, and governing codes applicable to each country in which we operate.
If you share these values and feel that you could make a meaningful difference in this role, please apply online before the advertised application closing date.