At Newmont, our purpose is to create value and improve lives through sustainable and responsible mining. One of the largest gold companies in the world, we pride ourselves on our dedication to safety, environmental management, inclusion and diversity, and adding value and opportunity to our host communities.
Newmont Tanami is on Aboriginal freehold land 540km northwest of Alice Springs. It is a long-life, low-cost, world-class asset in a core Newmont region. The Tanami Expansion 2 project, aims to extend the mine life beyond 2040, investing in a hoisting shaft which will increase the production of the underground mine from 2.6 Mtpa to 3.2 Mtpa. Both the successful exploration within the underground operation and implementation of the first Tanami Expansion has laid the foundation to further develop the operation to remain a major contributor to the Newmont portfolio. A fully equipped camp is located 40km from the site offering modern leisure facilities for those flying in from Perth, Brisbane, Alice Springs or Darwin.
Reporting to the Fixed Plant Mechanical Maintenance Supervisor, the Fitter & Turner is responsible for providingsafe efficient mechanical services involving the repair, servicing and maintenance of Newmont Tanami's fixed plant surface and underground equipment. Equipment may include but not limited to pumps, mill, crusher, conveyors, tanks and ancillary items.
The role is based in Tanami and offers a FIFO roster from Perth, Brisbane, Darwin & Alice Springs.
In this role, you will
- Monitoring and assessment of equipment performance
- Adhere to the work management process, including, but not limited to, completion of daily time confirmation with the correct job numbers, accurate time recording and work history.
- Perform work to a high level of quality.
- Supervise and on-job training for apprentices.
- Perform role of task lead during shut downs, ensuring work performed is completed safely and to a high level of quality.
- Performing workplace inspections as requested and providing feedback.
- Relevant trade qualification
- Valid light vehicle license.
- Experience in the mineral industry.
- Have excellent knowledge in relation to the subject matter
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Ability to work unsupervised in both surface and underground environments.
- Ability to analyse a task and understand safety and job requirements.
Our business success comes from the accomplishments and well-being of our employees and contractors. Our goal is to build a workplace culture that allows every person to thrive, participate, grow, and proudly play an active role in achieving our strategy.
Newmont is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, placing and promoting the best individual for each position without regard to personal characteristics such as gender, race, nationality, ethnicity, social and indigenous origin, religion or belief, disability, age, sexual orientation, etc.
We invite women and applicants with diverse backgrounds to apply, particularly persons of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island descent. Newmont acknowledges Aboriginal people as the first Australians and respects their unique relationship with the land and sea, their culture, spiritual tradition and stories.More About Newmont
- Website: http://www.newmont.com
- Lifecycle of a Mine: https://www.newmont.com/lifecycle-of-a-mine/
- Blog: https://www.newmont.com/blog-stories/
- Annual sustainability report: https://www.newmont.com/sustainability/sustainability-reporting/
Newmont strongly encourages all applicants to be fully vaccinated with the COVID-19 vaccine as soon as the vaccine is available to you as Newmont considers vaccination to be a vital tool in the fight against the pandemic. Proof of vaccination is required for entry to certain Newmont locations and for business travel, unless an exemption is required by law. Newmont may update its vaccination policies/requirements at any time in its sole discretion.
Note: Newmont does not ask individuals to pay money to apply or be considered for employment or to provide sensitive personal data without first submitting a job application through our secure, online portal. If you are asked to do either, do not respond and please report this immediately to email@example.com.